Friday, February 27, 2015

Borders And Banners

Hello Again!

Todays' creation will be entered into the Challenge at PTI, Anchoring With Border And Banner Dies, Simon Says Monday, No Rules and Simon Says Wednesday, Anything Goes!

I absolutely LOVED Melissa's cards, her VIDEO is awesome!  I loved them so much that I kind of CASED them, placing a tag on the card itself.  I also LOVE tags....any kind of tags, but especially ones placed ON cards.  lol

 
 
I used several stamp sets from PTI, Love And Marriage, Lovely Layers, Ruby Reprise, and Uncorked as well as the Uncorked die set.  Stampin' Up! inks in, Night Of Navy, Pear Pizzazz, Pool Party, and Wild Wasabi.   I collage style stamped the flowers and leaves on 2 corners, so they would peek out from under the tag, which was hand cut.  A little paper piercing and designer paper used to decorate it.  I also popped it up on 3 dimensional dots.  I stamped the heart image on to the tag itself and then on a piece of Vellum, and cut that out, glued it to the tag.  Using MFT dies, Wavy Edge and Western Star Duo (the one without the stars) I made my border cuts.  After stamping the sentiment on the PTI Banner die, I stamped the word happy onto card stock and punched it out using a small heart punch.  I like how this gives a little more depth and interest to the sentiment.  2 Organdy ribbons, in a pretty blue and green,  threaded through the tag hole.  Swiss Dots Embossing Folder and a couple of rhinestones added to flower centers and banner and 3 randomly tossed sequins. 

 

I LOVE this card as much as Melissa's.....I now just have to find a Happy Couple to give this to!  ;) 
 
Thanks for bopping in.....love it when you do!
 
Enjoy~~  

9 comments:

  1. hello Donna! I luv this card, so many awesome details and design! so glad you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine! *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Donna! I love the colours and how you've put these stamp sets together! Melissa's beautiful, frilly style is definitely NOT my style, so I haven't even attempted this challenge....yet. You've inspired me, though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this ...beautiful card.....beautiful tag! Love the colors and the way you have combined so many stamp sets. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are on fire here, my dear!! You have captured Melissa's challenge perfectly! I absolutely LOVE this - so many elements, and that tag is uber awesome! Great use of the stamp sets too. So many things going on, so many layers, all so gorgeous!!! And the little happy heart popped up is just genius!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful and love the way you added the ribbon details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous. I love the background and the pp and all the layers you stacked. Love the blue and green fabric at the top, Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooo, I'm lovin it.....all those elements and beautiful colors. Judy is right, you are on fire girlfriend. Now that family visitors are gone I can get back in my craft room.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome, Donna! Love the tag with the flowers peeking out from underneath. Great colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty tag Donna! Beautiful color palette! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge!

    ReplyDelete