Thursday, February 12, 2015

Heavy Metal

Good Afternoon!

Today's card will be entered at Papertrey Ink's Challenge #7, Metallics, to incorporate nothing but metallic and neutrals into your project.



I used the  PTI's stamp set, Through The Trees.   I love that tree line image, which I embossed in silver, it's like a little peek into a deep dense forest.  I added 2 of the small bird stamps and embossed them in gold.  I then mounted the focal image onto a little gold embossed frame, then layered a black and white card stock beyond that to make it all POP.  I also embossed the sentiment in gold, which gives this card an elegant look.  The addition of 2 gold adhesive pearls complete this card.

I have had a lot of fun playing along in all of the Anniversary Challenges over at Papertrey Ink.

Thanks so much for coming by.....oh I got my new computer cord in the mail today, thank goodness!  Bye bye, Kindle!  lol

Enjoy~~

8 comments:

  1. Oh yes, very elegant. I imagine that I am looking at the silver trees at night and they are reflecting the moon. That's why they shine. Love all of those borders, really makes for an outstanding card. And those brads along with the gold birds.( Sigh)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tree's stamp set so gorgeous! And I love the cute little gold birdies too! Such a great card all around! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely beautiful!!! I love the tailored crisp look with all the layering, and embossing the trees in silver is just so elegant. That's a great stamp, especially with the birds in there. Love the square shape, love the pearl accents, just love everything about this card! Oh, and did I say I LOVE it??? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous and so very elegant looking! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! So elegant, I hear CASE calling me LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are having a great time looking at your fabulous creations. This is my favorite. Love the layering and the simple lines. It is so truely elegant. I have a die like this (one of my never used ones) that I could cut from silver embossed paper or use Inka Gold. Can you tell I am planning to CASE this beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Donna, this is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning! What an elegant card!

    ReplyDelete