Monday, February 16, 2015

Sending Sunshine

Good Morning!  Such a beautiful winter morn here.  Too bad it is only 4 degrees with howling winds that make it feel like -16.  Bugger!  But the sun is shining and that helps immensely! 

Today's card was made for the Challenge at Power Poppy, The Skies The Limit.

You are asked to be inspired by the skies in your area, sunrises, sunsets, the colors and hues.  I love walking my beach early in the mornings, but not on days like this, that's for sure.  So I went through a bunch of my photos, which I will bore you with in just a bit.

 
This card uses the Flourishes stamp set, Lots Of Thoughts, designed by Marcella Hawley.  I picked up on the colors from my photos, the oranges, yellows, a touch of pink and the blue sky itself.  Image colored with Copic Markers and a bit of Dazzling Details (Stampin' Up! Stickles).  The Designer Paper is Teresa Collins, Canvas.  MFT border die, Open Bracket and Swiss Dots Embossing Folder.  Accents are, Chipboard Button, Ribbon, Jute Twine, Button and Adhesive Rhinestones.   



I'll send you sunshine, if you send me some warmth.....deal? 

Here are some of the skies that inspired me.....






 
Happy President's Day!
 
Enjoy~~

10 comments:

  1. Oh yea! Lots of inspiration here. Love the spring look of your card. As always love the Flourishes stamps sets. Beautiful use of the design papers too. Sweet touch of the button. Funny, I have kraft, navy , lt blue and heart out on my craft table now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous - your skies are awesome. We have some of that on Lake Superior too - only I think not as dependable. I just love this card, it's so sunny and cheery. I adore bright colors, and this card really does the trick. And I have that stamp set - I need to pull it out and do something happy with it! Oh, and I also love how you tilted those two panels. Great look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your gorgeous bouquet of flowers.....such great colors too! Beautiful card so sunny and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very springy, I love it. As usual, your coloring of the flowers is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah, those pictures are beautiful. Keep warm my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First... totally jealous you can just "walk" the beach each morning. Sheessh... ;-) Second this is so cheerful and sweet. I like the colors and great sketch for these blooms. Thanks for playing in our Power and Sparkle Challenge this Month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Donna, what a beautiful card, and I LOVE the colors you've used and the photos that inspired you! What a delight to be able to walk on the beach in the morning! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you just love Marcella's stamps so beautiful! Those flowers are gorgeous and I love the colors you used so cheerful! It's 21 degrees right now but its going down again! Brrrr Stay warm sweet pea! Warm hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Donna, Donna, DONNA! Oh my gosh, your sky photos just made me GASP! And then, after I was wowed by nature's beauty, I soaked in your fabulous card! I love that set and still use it for those in a jiffy cards. Your layout is just so cheery -- love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful, perky, warm, and happy card, Donna! What a delight! And your photos... oh, my! Magnificent! Thank you so much for joining us at Power Poppy this month!

    ReplyDelete