Tuesday, February 17, 2015

A Little Bit Of Paradise

Hello Again!

This card is for the Challenge at Simon Says Monday, A Piece Of Paradise.

I always go right to the source when wanting to make a pretty sponged beachy background scene, Theresa Momber's Blog.  She is the Queen Of Sponging!  All of her cards are so beautifully crafted!

Here is my CASE of her card (shown in that link)

 
I used the stamp set, By The Sea 2, from Gina K Designs, illustrated by Theresa Momber.   Her step by step tutorial and/or YouTube Video are awesome letting you create a scene as pretty as she can....truly!
 
I did color and fussy cut my shell out and then placed it on the base card stock.  It gives it a little more depth and dimension.
 
What I like about this card is that it really doesn't need any adornments or accents, I think it is perfectly lovely as is.
 
Thanks so much for coming by, appreciate you checking things out.
 
Enjoy~~
 



12 comments:

  1. Wow, your card is very nice. The colors are both soft and vibrant. Lovely, just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely, my dear. I like that you fussy cut the shell to add a little dimension. I agree that it doesn't need any adornments or accents......it's perfect the way it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous. I LOVE using this stamp set - always makes a stunning card. Your sponging is awesome and you colored that shell perfectly. Love all your layering too. And I agree, this card needs nothing else - it stands on it's own as beautiful!!! Oh, and I like your spatters for the sand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right about Teresa Momber being the Queen, but you , my dear, are the Duchess! My hats off to your creation, my Duchesses! A masterpiece! (bowing down to you)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that stamp set! As soon as I got it, I went to Theresa's blog and CASEd the same card! You did a fantastic job. Your card looks awesome! You're right, too. It looks perfect the way it is...no need for bling on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! I love Theresa's work too

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous. I love your beach scene!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic. I love Theresa's blog and tutorials too. you rocked this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is incredible...you are as talented as Theresa!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on creating the beach scene! Love the big shell it reminds me of the times when we went to Myrtle Beach and we look for the perfect shells! Have a Blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This definitely brought me a "paradise vibe!" I really love both the simplicity and elegance of the card you created. That sponge-sand texture looks incredible and the fussy-cutting of the shell was definitely worth it to give it that extra bit of visual oomph! It is lovely and I can almost feel the ocean breeze when I look at it. Thank you so much for sharing this bit of paradise with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful job with your sponging and that pretty shell! Awesome card! Love Theresa's videos. She makes everything look so easy. Beautifully done, my friend!

    ReplyDelete