Thursday, February 12, 2015

Feeling Blue This Winter

Hello again! 

And believe it or not, I haven't been feeling blue, even with this winter, storm after storm! 

Crafting helps!  :)

This next card will be entered into Papertrey Ink's Challenge #8, Blue Skies, to create a project using a blue ombre effect.  FUN!

I thought about this Challenge for 30 seconds and decided to go with the Masking Tape Technique, when you place a strip of masking tape across your ink pad, smooth it all down, and then pull it up, then place it on your card stock and smooth it down again.  When you pull it off of the card stock it leaves a beautiful strip of color.

 
I used 2 stamp sets from Papertrey Ink, Through The Trees and Love Notes (which is the sentiment).  Using Spellbinders Label Four die, I cut a piece of white card stock.  I then placed my masking tape on it, working light to dark.  Stampin' Up! Inks in Soft Sky, Pool Party, Tempting Turquoise, Marina Mist and Pacific Point.  I masked off the base card stock with a scrap paper cut of the Label 4 then stamped the tree image.  I then lined everything up and stamped the tree image again on the die cut, masking the left and right sides.  This way I was able to pop up the focal image and have it look like a complete scene.   I also added a dark blue brad to the top and a light blue brad to the bottom.   The sentiment is stamped in Pacific Point ink.  Rounded each corner.    An enamel brad in the top corners complete this card.
 
This is a really fun technique, it just leaves an awesome background.
 
Thanks for popping in!
 
Enjoy~~


9 comments:

  1. I have never heard of the masking tape technique. But then I have a lot to learn. It adds texture too and it is easy to do. Love the blues that you choose and how you placed the trees over them. You have done a lot with this stamp and in so many different ways. That is the artist in you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of the masking tape technique either. But you sure did a fabulous job with it! Love the blue skies and the beautiful trees! You are so creative my dear! Warm Hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right, it does leave an awesome background. I don't know if I've ever done this technique, and I love the effect. Great choice of colors, they look amazing together. Is this the last of the cards for this challenge series? I'm so amazed that you did them all!! Hope you win! Really nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out SO pretty! I had forgotten all about that masking tape technique, but it worked out beautifully for this challenge and I am going to have to give it a try again! Thanks for reminding me! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wondered how you did that. I just love the look of this. Beautiful card again my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cool looking. Never heard of that technique before:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on this technique. At first I thought you die cut a paint chip. I love the texture you got. I have never seen this before either. Love the tree stamp, Think I might have something similar. You art really rocking the PTI challenges. I keep thinking about entering, but I don't have that many PTI products yet, and I made myself this ridiculous promise that I would not get anything new until I had used everything that I have not used yet and use some of my neglected stamps. I am really kicking myself but a promise is a promise.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very, very nice card. I tried the masking tape technique years ago then forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder, but I don't recall mine turning out this good...guess I better give it another try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never tried the masking tape technique, but I love the way it looks on your card. Love the pretty shades of blue and those wonderful trees! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete