Friday, February 20, 2015

Paper Tole

Hello again.

My card will be entered into the Challenge at the Mod Squad, Paper Takes Its Tole. Hosted by my online BFF, Judy Woodland!  Yay Judy!

I don't think I have ever done this technique, but it is so much FUN! 

 
Like Judy's sample card I knew I wanted to use a big bold bloom too. Flower, butterfly and sentiment are from the Penny Black stamp set, To You....the flourish is from the Bo Bunny stamp set, Sophie, leaves are from the Gina K Designs set, Stamper's Favorites. Images colored with Copic Markers, as well as all of the Adhesive Pearls.  A little Stickles added to the butterfly wings.


I stamped the flower 3 times and cut different portions out and added them back to the image.  This technique really is fun, gives the stamp an awesome look and adds so much depth and dimension.  I really want to try this with a hydrangea stamp, so many little blossoms....WOW!

Thanks so much for this Challenge, Judy.....Loved it!!  (and you!)

Enjoy~~

12 comments:

  1. Another beauty my friend. Love how the butterfly and leaves go off the edges. You are definitely ready for spring, aren't you???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love this!!! Great colors, and great take on the challenge. Your butterfly is perfect, and I really like the white background with the flourishes and flowers. And yes, a hydrangea would be wonderful - lots of work, but so worth it. Stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I love the green and red, and that flourish is awesome! Great job on the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you have made a red and green card that looks like spring. The technique looks the best with flowers and leaves. The dimension that tole brings adds so much reality to this card. love the complimentary green butterfly. A sweet card that I bet is going in Mom's box. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful spring card and really brightens my day. I would love to have joined in on the challenge too but health issues are preventing it this week at least. So keep inspiring me with your beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, this is a real beauty, I bet it even makes you feel like spring is acomin. Love the bright cheerful colors and the flowers on the flourish. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sure is a gorgeous card Donna! Love that big bold flower and that beautiful butterfly! Great job on this technique! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. O my oh my...simply gorgeous, I LOVE it! It looks so good layered like that, fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. STUNNING! Man I love the colors, the vine and butterfly set that gorgeous flower off great. Thanks for joining in at the Mod Squad Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ABSOLUTELY Incredible!!! You are so versatile in your creations! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This flower is so gorgeous! I don't know how I get so far behind in commenting, but I always seem to. Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete