Thursday, February 26, 2015

Sunshine & Laughter

Good Morning!

I have a nice happy sunshiny card to share with you today!  A little contrast to the white snowbanks we still have everywhere.



I used the Spring Tulips and Everyday Sayings stamp sets from Hero Arts.  I created a mask by cutting a 2 1/4 x 3 1/2 inch window in some scrap paper, placed it over my A2 card and then sponged Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, and Melon Mambo over the card stock, inks by Stampin' Up!  I then stamped the image using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.  Stamped my sentiment using the Melon Mambo Ink.  I then masked off my image using a piece of scrap paper measured to fill the window, grabbed yellow, pink and orange craft paint and my trusty old toothbrush and flicked the colored paint all over to create some texture and to fill all of the white space.

It's bright, it's happy, it's cheery!

This card will be entered into the following Challenges:

Hero Arts, Masking.

Mod Squad , Spring Forward.

Simon Says Monday, No Rules.

Simon Says Wednesday, Anything Goes.

Thanks for stopping by, appreciate you doing so!

Enjoy~~

8 comments:

  1. I love that color combo on your background. And, I have never used a toothbrush to accomplish those awesome flicks... where have I been?? Even here in Florida we are looking forward to spring. I am so grateful to be away from snow and happy to see some spring colors on our cards!! It's coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!! all the bright color, the spatter, the layout. Super cool, and clean and simple too. What a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very pretty. Love the color splattered springy look. I'm so ready for spring here in Vegas, I can't imagine how much you're looking forward to spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous card Donna, a lovely spattered the background and wonderfully blended the panel of the cute tulips!!

    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the wonderful, bright colors on this one....great sponging. And, all of those splatters, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card! Thank you so much for sharing your project and for joining us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty Donna. You're going to laugh, because I just did a background somewhat like that for my card that's posting today. Thank you so much for playing along with The Mod Squad Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors and splatters. So what color are your teeth now....hahaha, just kidding. Thanks for joining in at The Mod Squad Challenge!

    ReplyDelete