Thursday, November 19, 2015

Sleigh Bells Ring.....

.....are you listening......

Hello again!  Now that work has FINALLY slowed to a crawl (yippee) I can be in my craft room even more....makes for a very happy marriage!  ;)

I am entering this card in to the following Challenges:

MFT Sketch
MFT Color
Simon Says Wednesday, Gearing Up For Christmas
CAS-ual Chic, CCC05 Precious Metals




 
Here is my card:
 
 
That's NOT gold embossing powder!  I was walking through a craft store, A.C. Moore, when a Minc just fell off the shelf and into my basket.....looked at the price tag and when I saw it was 1/2 off, only $39.99, I let it stay!  Truth!
 
The sled stamp looks like this, I don't want you to think my Minc and foiling did not work.  :)
 

 


 
I used the MFT stamp set, Inspired By Christmas, I just love that antique sled, and even more so in gold foil!  The image is cut on a Spellbinders Labels 7 die, or as I call it 'the book one'.  Sentiment stamped in Tuxedo Black ink.  It's hard to capture all of that shimmer and shine of the gold foil, but it looks (and feels) SPECTACULAR in real life!  

 
Added some gold ribbon, a couple of gold 'sleigh bells' and a few adhesive rhinestones.
 
In all of my research about the Minc I found that you do not need to purchase anything extra, other than the foil.  You don't need a Toner Pen, or Toner Powder, or even all of the cute die cuts with toner paper that all the craft stores sell.  I used clear embossing powder, heated that, placed my sheet of foil over it and ran it through the Minc.....perfect, it came out perfect!  I saw that everyone was using WOW extra fine clear embossing powder, I had the Michael's Recollections Brand and it still worked.  Pretty cool!
 
One week til Thanksgiving, I hope you get to share it with all of the ones you love!
 
Enjoy~~

 



8 comments:

  1. How lucky for you that you just happened to be passing by when that machine fell off the shelf! :)) Love the beautiful gold sleigh you shared with us! Thanks for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - so glad to know that the clear embossing powder works. I got a laminator some time ago, and was going to ask for a laser printer for Christmas - still might, by the way. But I am definitely going to try the clear embossing powder. I am so enamored of the gold - just LOVE it - but I didn't want to invest in the Minc. Your card is awesome! I love that background. I'm excited to try the clear embossing powder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and I think I will keep with embossing powder as that seems to spendy for my budget right now. I love the gold though and it goes so well with the papers you chose and the gold brads. I invested in a new die cutting and embossing machine this year and that means I had to cut down on other things. But it was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sleigh and I can feel your excitement way over in California. Don't you love new toys. Great take on the sketch. yes I did die cut a bazillion little flowers for the hydrangea. I made two, the first one I mixed different shades of purple. UGH!!! So the next one I used soft lilac and then shaded it with different shades of purple and put a little green in the center with a copic marker. I.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sleigh and all of the possibles. Thanks for the research as I patiently wait for my Minc to arrive on Tuesday. I have the foil and now I can make wonderful cards like you and this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card!! LOVE that sleigh, it is so gorgeous in the gold. Sounds like the Crafting Angels were watching over you at A.C. Moore. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. The gold is so beautiful on the sleigh. Oh, I so don't need to buy anything else. lol Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card! Love the gold foiling! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS-UAL Chic!

    ReplyDelete