Saturday, November 7, 2015

Pink Poinsettias

Good Morning!

Today's creation will be entered into the Challenges at Stamp TV, 1, 2, 3, Make Your Own Recipe, Stamping Sensations, Festive Flowers And Foliage, and Penny Black, Anything Christmas.

I knew I wanted to use the fantastic Poinsettia stamp from A Year Of Flowers 2, by Gina K Designs illustrated by Melanie Muenchinger.  I also went back to Mel's Video, Stained Glass Vellum.

 
If you have never tried this technique, you really should, it comes out beautifully....even if I do say so myself!  Gold Embossed Poinsettias on white card stock adhered to the base card stock.  White Embossed Poinsettias stamped on to Vellum, which was cut a 1/8" smaller all around, than the white card stock.    Images colored using Copic Markers, I then stamped 3 more on Vellum, colored them and then fussy cut them out, then I glued them on top of the stamped ones.  I only used the 2 Gold Brads to attach the Vellum to the card stock.

 
I found this great Gold Washi Tape in my stash, Michael's Brand, Recollections.  It is sooooo sparkly.  The sentiment tops it and is from Seasons Greetings also by Gina K Designs.   
 
Recipe:
 
1)  Sentiment
2)  Gold Brads
3)  Pink Poinsettias
 
Thanks for coming by......have a wonderful weekend!
 
Enjoy~~



14 comments:

  1. Love that stamp and technique, looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be still my heart! This is marvelous The colors are dazzling and it is like a dream. Phenomenal card. I am pinning it and copying it for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful! Love the vellum poinsettias.....spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Donna! You have really outdone yourself!! I love the gold embossed poinsettias underneath, with the soft, pink poinsettias on top! Absolutely gorgeous!! I'll bet it's even more beautiful in real life, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! this is absolutely gorgeous my dear. Those pink poinsettias are beautiful. I agree that you outdid yourself on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well THIS is a real stunner!!!! Love how you have done Mel's technique, and love the white embossing on vellum. Always a winner. I need to pull out that stamp - 'tis the season for it. Gorgeous card!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! Thanks for the video link - I've never seen this video before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally gorgeous and I love that stamp too! Your card is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is a beauty. I have tried this technique and it always looks like a third graded did it. Beautiful colors and design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Donna! Wil have to try this when we get back from our trip.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A glorious Christmas creation Donna and perfect for our seasonal themes, many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So so pretty Donna, I love this card. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh WOW, that is just simply gorgeous and i will have to check out the video too and thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More this month, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete