Thursday, November 5, 2015

Fabric Christmas Tree Tag

Good Morning!

Today's creation will be entered into the Challenges at Papertrey Ink, Fabric Strip Christmas Trees, Penny Black, Anything Christmas and Stamping Sensations, Festive Flowers And Foliage.

 
I actually had one of those 'fat quarters' of Christmas fabrics in my stash.  Weird!  And lucky!  I cut several strips from 4 different prints to create my tree.  I used a skewer as the trunk and after tying all the fabric on I wrapped it in a strand of pearls and topped it off with a few rustic looking buttons.  This was all mounted on to a tag cut using MFT's Stitched Traditional Tag die.


 
Using the star stamp from the PTI set, Polka Dot Parade #9, and Versa Mark Ink I stamped several of them all over the tag.  The sentiment (merry) is from their City Scene Christmas Sentiments, which I stamped twice on the small tag.  The glitter star at the top was cut using an MFT die, Sun, Moon And Stars set.  An eyelet, button, twine and another piece of fabric for accents.
 
This was a FUN project.  I like it as a tag and may make more, maybe on a smaller scale as this tag measures 5" long.
 
Hope you are all having a wonderful week, thanks so much for coming by!
 
Enjoy~~
 



17 comments:

  1. Your tree is loaded with lots of stuff. I love it. At first, I didn't think that I would use a tag like this, but I am going to make more too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tree Donna, especially the pearls wrapped around it! Love the idea of it being on a tag too as these are definitely not mailable, but would look great attached to a gift! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anyone would love receiving this on a package! So sweet. I may have to make one as a tag too;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute, and oh so creative!!! Looks like so much fun to do as well. Really think you had fun with this one, yes?? Great colors and embellies too. LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely ADORABLE, Donna. I love your torn fabric Christms trees. Great job.
      Blessings
      Sierra
      www.sierrasgift.blogspot.com

      Delete
  6. Adorable full tree tag ,Donna! This turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so pretty Donna! Your tree looks awesome! Love your choice of scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous! I love your beautiful fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, super cool! Love the idea and perfect as a tag. Better than a bow LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome tag and I bet it would be a neat ornament on a tree or in a window too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bet you had a ton of fun with this challenge, and I am glad to see your Merry, Merry. It would not be the holiday season without it. Love all the buttons you added to your scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely tag , very colourful

    Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable!! How fun it would be to receive a gift with this tag instead a bow. Verna is right, this would make a neat tree ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the fabrics you chose- looks fab

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lovely tag and thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More this month, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete