Thursday, November 19, 2015

Sending You xoxo

Good Morning!

I am entering my card in to the Challenge at Mod Squad, Pattern Your Paper, hosted by my BFF Judy Woodland. she's fun and fabulous and uber talented. 

 
Jen McGuire had this VIDEO recently, stamping tone on tone.  I liked the technique and figured I would give it a try for Judy's Challenge.....glad I did.  I am NOT comparing my work to Jen's but I do like how it came out.
 
I used Papertrey Ink's Simple Sunflower and Swoosh stamp sets.  I stamped all over Gina K Designs, Sweet Corn card stock with More Mustard ink.  I hi-lighted the leaves with a White Glaze Sakura Pen.  I then took the eraser end of a pencil and 'stamped' dots around using White ink.

 
 
Layered the background on to black card stock to make it POP.  Using an MFT Stitched Tradition Tag die I stamped my sentiment in Tuxedo Black ink.  A little black and white gingham checked ribbon and jute twine to 'tie' it all together.
 
This is a really FUN technique to make and again, your possibilities are endless.
 
Thanks so much for dropping by today, I love it when you do!
 
Enjoy~~

9 comments:

  1. That was quick...and so pretty. Love the whole card but especially like the gingham ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! I love tone on tone and what a genius idea to use a pencil eraser for dots

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I agree with Joan the ribbon is just right. I am glad you let the paper be the star.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, Just so quick and easy peasy. How do you get these ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sumptuous goodness. I love what you've done - and Jenn's videos!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! I like how you went in with the white ink and added your special touch! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, right up my alley! I love to make my own backgrounds and this is lovely! Great color, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great minds think alike. I got the idea for this challenge from that video by Jennifer. I loved the look she got, and you have captured it beautifully here. Your colors are spot on, so cheery and sweet. I really love your design!! Great take on the challenge my dear, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty! Love the colors and ribbon!

    ReplyDelete