Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Double D, Easter

Good Morning! 


A brand new Challenge is up and running over at the Double D Challenge Blog





Here is your Inspiration Tile:

 

Easter.

Nothing screams Spring or Easter more to me then when a little Crocus
 pops through the earth, typically through snow here in New England.  
So I used some pretty Crocus dies on my creations.


Here they are:



I used a Pierced Floral Plate to create my backgrounds.
Crocus dies by The Greetery.....sooooo pretty!
I also paired them with their Market Basket dies and stamp set.
Spellbinders Border Edge die.





I used the Distress Oxide inks in;
Fossilized Amber, Peeled Paint and Wilted Violet.
Tuxedo Black ink.
Gold and Turquoise Embossing Powder 
to create a patina like look for the baskets.
White Paint Splatters.
MFT Black and White Striped Designer paper.
Vellum.




Inside.
Gina K Designs Spring Has Sprung stamp set.



I created a second card using the exact same products,
changing up the card stock base color.



I adore these Market Baskets!
I have filled them with lots of flowers and even lobsters lol
They are very versatile!





Spring and Sunshine.




Inside.






Just as easy to make two when all of the supplies are out!





Please come on over to the Double D Blog and join in all of the FUN!




You'll be glad you did as there is always a pretty prize up for grabs!





Here's the prize for this Challenge:






Thanks for strolling by!

Enjoy~~




12 comments:

  1. Both cards are beautiful! Love that (lobster lol) basket and your flowers are amazing! They look just like the ones outside in my front flower garden ... well they did look like this before yesterday's 3" of snow lol. Awesome inspiration ... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are amazeballs and a fresh reminder that Spring will soon be here. I love how you combined the crocus and the basket for these and that background it to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both gorgeous Donna! After receiving more snow from that lovely nor'easter, it will be a while before we see any signs of our crocus'. I'll just enjoy looking at your paper ones. They're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous baskets of crocus! I have these Greetery dies and am definitely going to case your beautiful designs for some of my Easter cards - thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These crocus could have come straight from the garden! You've made them so realistic with your shading. Love the arrangements in the basket, the card design, the colors of each card. You are really inspiring me to put The Greetery dies on my "must have" list. I already got the pine cone & greenery because of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both so beautiful. So nice to think that spring is on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh they are gorgeous, I love your beautiful flowers, such pretty coloring of them and how you can see the stems through the basket, now you have me wanting to get my baskets out and play with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are simply FABULOUS!!! I love your colors, those crocus SCREAM spring and Easter. I think what really sets these apart is the splatter, takes the flowers to a whole nuther level. Well done, just gorgeous creations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are doubly lovely, Donna! Those crocus are spectacular on both cards. Beautiful colors and lots of texture and dimension. I love the patina color of the baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, LOVE your crocus cards, and love the white splattering too, it adds so much, I need to remember that technique though I did try it the other day with gold paint and left big globs on my card, LOL, I need lessons, hah! I have these The Greetery dies myself and love them, so was very inspiring to see your results with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love when the crocuses begin to pop from the ground, and I love the variation of colors on both of these great cards. The vases of pretty flowers are perfect for welcoming spring.

    ReplyDelete