Saturday, December 6, 2014

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow......

But, not really!  lol

Hello again!  Even though at the time of typing this my house is not clean nor decorated, I hope by the time this posts all will be calm, all will be bright.....with nary a dust bunny in sight!  Ha!  Fingers crossed!

I must say this has been one of the most FUN cards for me to make, totally inspired by Pinterest with a few minor changes. 

And please remember if you see something you like here, I did manage to figure out how to add that Pin Button.....just hover over any image and it should appear in the top left corner, making it very easy for you to pin it to one of your boards, perhaps for future inspiration.  But, please do not ask me HOW I did it.....I had to fiddle around with some online code for a little bit inserting into the perfect line.....oy vay!

This card will be entered into the Challenges at Mod Squad, Frosty The Snowman, Simon Says Monday, Holiday Cards, and Simon Says Wednesday, Christmas/Holidays.

Here is my card:

 
Isn't it just ridiculously cute and clever?  Now remember, I can say that as it is not my design, I merely CASED it!  The snowman image is from the Gina K Designs sets, Wishing You Joy and the sentiment and snowflakes are from the Let It Snow set (the snowman in that particular set was much too large to do this style card--but he is super cute too!)  The Designer Paper is by Teresa Collins, Hello My Name Is, this pad is on clearance at Michael's and is full of rustic colors with browns and tans and reds, love it!  The images were stamped 3 times on separate little pieces of card stock and minimally colored with Copic Markers.  The snow drifts were made by tearing thin card stock and then I added a bit up texture using a Swiss Dots Embossing Folder.  Of course I had to add an edging of sparkly snow so I used Gina's Prismatic Glitter in Frozen......speaking of Frozen I was at a craft store yesterday and there was this sweet little girl singing Let It Go at the top of her lungs, so cute from my point of view, but probably not so much from her Mom's lol.  I added a bunch of rhinestones to all the little snowflakes for more sparkle and some Baker's Twine for a matching accent.  Just super cute!  And you all know this is exactly WHERE I like my snow......sorry Lee! 
 
Going

Going

Gone!

 
Merry Merry! 


19 comments:

  1. This card is PERFECT!!!! Even if it's not your design, you executed it wonderfully! And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your color palette! So different using warm colors on a snow card, very effective. Those snowmen are just so STINKIN' cute!!!! I like everything about this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Judy. This one stands out from all of the others. Really cute idea and you were clever to find it and CASE it. It first glimpse, I thought it was a shaker card. It's a possibility! Great job girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute idea! I know it's a CASE but you did it beautifully! I wish you had entered this over at Just Us Girls. Our word is Sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is so clever. You never cease to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to know where the oy avy comes from. You don't see or hear that very often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha not too sure where my Oy Vay comes from would LOVE to know where your Oy Avy comes from lol

      Delete
  6. Your snowman is so stinking cute! Fabulous design my dear! Merry Christmas! Have a Blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Donna! So clever! Big snowdrifts on a card..........perfect on the ground.........not so much. : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a darling card and I love how the snow keeps piling up higher and higher. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way you've made the snow for this, Donna ... A really cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. stunning card!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Happy Holidays :) - Ashli

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a WONDERFUL card Donna! I absolutely love it! I am going to have to CASE this someday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is adorable! I love the layout, the colors you used, and the snow banks. Great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!!! So clever having the snow pile up and I love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Donna, this is one of the best cards I have seen in a long time. OMG, I love it. So totally clever. I really love the colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love how you made the snowdrifts! SO cute. Thank you so much for playing along with the Christmas/Holidays Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog with us this week :)

    ReplyDelete