Sunday, December 7, 2014

Cute Little Snowmen

Good afternoon!  Just one little personal update....my house is clean, my house is decorated.....for tomorrow I shop!!!

Just had to make one more snowman entry for The Mod Squad Challenge, Frosty The Snowman and thought I might as well add it to the Stamp TV, Winter Chocolate Challenge, Simon Says Monday Challenge, Holiday Cards, and Simon Says Wednesday Challenge, Christmas/Holidays.

I made a little 3x3 card set of adorable snowman I first saw on Pinterest. 

 
The eyes and mouth were hand drawn and then traced over using a Sakura Black Glaze Pen.  I flicked a little bit of brown craft paint over the snowman's head, which was cut out using a Spellbinders Classic Circle die.  I also edged them in Distress Ink, Antique Linen.  Stamped the sentiment form the Gina K Designs stamp set, Seasonal Labels.  Added a bit of gingham ribbon for their scarves.  I also topped the scarves with wooden snowflakes which I colored in with a Sakura Clear Star Pen.  These were FUN to make!  I will make some matching envelopes and use them as gift cards.
 
Thanks for popping in!
 
Merry Merry!


11 comments:

  1. These are so adorable! Such a cute design and lovely colors. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These little cards are absolutely adorable! Love the snowman and the wooden snowflakes and the gingham ribbon tags! And yay for a clean and decorated house! I got mine decorated too good thing because it's back to the grind tomorrow! Have a Blessed day! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. So super cute. One can always use some smaller cards for gifts during the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so cute! I love how you distressed their heads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the warm brown theme you have going on. So cozy, reminds me of brown sugar. I have seen these smowmen before too, I think Frenchie Martin did a card with this and I thought it was so CUTE!!! These are just darling - sweet little 3x3 cards. You make me want to run right into my craft room and make a few.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. The rustic look and feel of these cute little snowman are just adorable. Great idea to make gift cards out of them. You have given me another idea for next year. Maybe a craft fair in December? I'm pinning it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable Christmas cards Donna, a lovely design and colour scheme - I love the cute Snowmen with their checkered scarfs!!

    Thank you so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These guys are so cute with their speckled faces and checkered scarves. I really like that color scheme on Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the snowmen, Donna! So cute! I love how you incorporated the scarves.

    ReplyDelete