Friday, December 5, 2014

City Sidewalks, Busy Sidewalks.....

Good Morning!

Now that Thanksgiving is behind us it's a straight out race to Christmas Eve.  Fa La La La La!

Today's card will be entered into the Challenges at PTI, Glittered Frames, Curtain Call, Clearly Christmas, Simon Says Monday, Holiday Cards and Simon Says Wednesday, Christmas/Holidays.

 
This card uses the PTI stamp and die sets, City Scene.....the more I use it the more I love it!  I first die cut the buildings and trees out and then stamped the images on them, the buildings are a 2 step stamp process, sometimes I actually can line the lights up perfectly......sometimes not, here they are close enough.  I also die cut a layer from Vellum for the buildings to give them a frosty snowy glow.  Then I positioned the city where I thought it would look best and then made my glittery snowy frame.  It really has a wonderful frosty feel to it.  I also stamped a bunch of falling snow and then added more glitter to the sky background.  The edges of the trees also have a soft bit of snow.  The Designer Paper is by Echo Park, Holly Jolly Christmas. I used Memento Pear Tart and Stazon Teal Blue Inks.
 
......Dressed In Holiday Style......
 
May you be singing that for the rest of your day!
 
Merry Merry!
 

 

21 comments:

  1. Oh my Goodness! Your city is all sparkley and festive! Love how this looks and really puts me in a holiday mood. My first try at this challenge, went into the round file, and I had glitter everywhere. Maybe I will try again? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love,love your city scene so sparkly and festive! Love the trees and I love how you used vellum for the buildings how clever! Yes, now I'll probably be singing that song in my head all day! Lol Have a Blessed day my dear! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! It looks magical! Love the velum on the buildings and all of the sparkle. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Wow! Wow!! This is terrific! I hope you win ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, this is FABULOUS Donna!! It certainly is Clearly Christmas, with it's gorgeous Glittered Frame, ready for the Christmas/Holidays season ... a perfect Holiday Card!! I hope you win all four with this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, seriously, I really hope you win!! This card, with all the care and attention to detail, deserves to win all four of those competitions! Donna ... what is PTI? I haven't come across that company, I don't think!! But would really love to add this die/stamp set to my next year's list!

      Delete
    2. PTI is Papertrey Ink.....lots of wonderful stamps and dies and inspiration.
      Check them out here: http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/
      They are just starting sneak peeks of their December release!

      Delete
  6. Wow............glittery gorgeousness! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. City sidewalks, busy sidewalks dressed in holiday style....oops; sorry, I just can't get that song out of my head. Donna, my dear, this is just gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! And you lined up the buildings beautifully too! I struggle with that also with this set, but like you, the more I use it the better I get! This card is definitely a winner in my mind too! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Donna, this is so lovely! Beautiful holiday scene. That's OK, I love singing Christmas songs.... over and over!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had to come here directing from GinaK and tell you again... STUNNING!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous card!! Thanks for playing at the Curtain Call!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a beauty! Love the pretty scene and all the dimensional look.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh - this is just STUNNING!!! I love the whole look of it, and I can imagine that it was great fun to cute and stamp. I love doing that. Will have to go over to PTI and check out that set. Love the background too - really awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it Donna, love all the glitz and details

    ReplyDelete
  15. another amazing creation!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ths is one of the most stunning city scene cards that I've ever seen. Totally gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh WOW!!! this snowy little town is gorgeous!!! :) thank you for playing a long with us at simon says stamp!

    ReplyDelete