Monday, December 1, 2014

I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day......

Happy December!  Temps in the mid 50's, sun is shining......doesn't feel like December.....and I love it!

Today's project is a Christmas Ornament I made.  I had just used that fabulous Cardinal Elements stamp from Stampendous on a card, and wanted to use it again, so I thought an ornament would be nice as I LOVE Red Cardinals!  May even hang it up all year round! lol

This will be entered into the Mod Squad Blog Challenge, The Music Of Christmas and the Challenge at Simon Says Monday, Holiday Cards.....I assume you can make any type of Holiday Project.

 
I stamped the image on to white card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored it with Copic Markers and a Sakura White Glaze Pen.  I then covered the entire thing in Versa Mark  and Stampin' Up's Heat & Stick Powder, heated that and then doused it all in Dazzling Diamonds Glitter.  Reheated it all to set the glitter.  This thing sparkles and shines!  I mounted it on a piece of chipboard and then cut pieces of black card stock and glitter red paper out using Spellbinders Lacy Square Die and layered them all together.  I found this awesome Christmas 'rope' in my stash and added some gold bows and big red rhinestones.
 
I should have sprinkled some fake snow on the tree bough.  Fa La La La La
 
Thanks for stopping by, hope you are getting in the Festive Mood!
 
Enjoy~~


14 comments:

  1. Wow, you are really born in the right month. Getting ready for the holidays. I love that glittery tag and the big red cardinal. He looks like he is singing to all of the other birds and saying, "Look at Me!" Love the touch of the Christmas cord too. Oh and the outdoor picture is so cool. The temp here is 17 and the wind chill is in the negatives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna this is so pretty!! It looks so great agaisnt the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this and your picture is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful design and love the great outdoors photo you took too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous project. I love cardinals on anything. I would definitely have that hanging year round.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love cardinals too! We have a blue spruce tree in our yard and they nest in it. I always keep the birdfeeder filled with sunflower seeds, so they tend to hang around. They are so pretty against the snow. Lovely ornament! I think I would keep it around all year long. That is the prettiest stamp and I love all of the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sure is gorgeous Donna! Love all that sparkle and of course that beautiful cardinal! You are so talented my dear!
    P.s. When I decorated the Christmas tree the other day I missed one ornament it was in my room I have bought it in the summer time and guess what it had on it a cardinal. So I said this is for my friend Donna! Have a Blessed day my dear! XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. GORGEOUS ornament!!! I am in love with that cardinal stamp. The glitter is just the perfect final touch, and the chord just sets it all off. I think you SHOULD hang it up all year long - such a nice reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so totally cool Donna...awesome ornament. I believe I have that same ribbon too...I think I see a CASE coming on...lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea to make an ornament, Donna! So pretty! I love the music in the background and what a pretty cardinal! Thanks for playing in the Mod Squad challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous ornament Donna. And I agree that it should be up all year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a lovely creation! I adore the classic image of that precious cardinal, yet you've done so many clever techniques to keep it fresh and modern! I really like the layers you created and how you incorporated all of that wonderful glitter and glitz! It is both natural and fancy and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing it and reading your write-up. Thanks so much for sharing your holiday spirit with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your ornament Donna especially the bird! Great coloring.

    ReplyDelete