Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Happy New Year (Almost)

Hello!  I trust you all survived the Holidays! 

I love this time of year, looking forward to all the possibilities that a New Year, clean slate, fresh start has to offer.....don't you?  Hope so!

Today's card will be entered into the Challenge at Papertrey Ink, Ala Carte.....to choose from any of the 2014 Make It Monday Videos, and the Challenge at Simon Says Wednesday, Anything Goes!

So very happy to use colors, lots and lots of bright, bold colors!

I chose the Make It Monday Video, Vellum Overlays with Danielle Flanders.  Her card is fun and fabulous and I based my card on her creation:


By Danielle Flanders


And here is my card: 

 
Another fun card and technique to make.  I am loving my layers, especially the Vellum layer.  I used the stamp sets, Lovely Layers and Tag-Its #2 both from PTI.  The Designer Paper is from Teresa Collins, Fabrications.  Spellbinders Classic Circle die, Sizzix Branch With Leaves, and a Wavy Edge Die from MFT.  Stampin' Up! Inks in, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, and Pumpkin PieSwiss Dots Embossing Folder, Dots, Ribbon and some Sequins for texture and accents.  The Vellum is some that I had in my stash came in a little booklet from Hot Off The Press, I have had it forever!  It has a nice little dotted pattern on it. 
 
Thanks for stopping by, hope to see you all in the New Year!
 
Enjoy~~



7 comments:

  1. Your dotty vellum is so much fun, Donna! Love all your sweet touches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am seeing shades of red and green, but here they looks so fresh, just like a new year. Love the layers and as you said, the dotted vellum is the main attraction. Sweet card. .

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card you created. Great job of using that inspirational design. And, a happy new year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beauty Donna, very well put together. Love the dotty vellum. Happy New Year my friend

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this card is just awesome. Once again your layering is superb! I just figure out how you DO it!!! The vellum layer is perfect, as are your paper choices. And your little tweet bird is super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pretty papers and your use of vellum. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Donna, so pretty and I love the colours.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete