Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Wise Men Still Seek Him....

Good Afternoon!

Today's project is a little tag I created.  Last year I actually made this same project as an ATC, but without all the glitter.

This will be entered into the Challenge at Stamp TV, Shimmer & Shine and at the Simon Says Monday Challenge, Transportation

 
The stamp set is from Gina K Designs, City Of David.  Beautiful Images and sentiments for this time of year.  I cut a large tag out using my Cameo.  Horizontally I masked it off, shading in yellow and blue, for the appearance of sand and sky, then stamped my image and sentiment.  I then covered the entire tag in Versa Mark Ink, covered that in Stampin' Up's Heat & Stick Powder, heated it, and then covered that in their Dazzling Diamond Glitter, and then reheated it all to set the glitter.  I am so addicted to the look of using those products.  They Shimmer.  They Shine.  They Sparkle.  AND all that glorious glitter stays put!  True Story!!!
 
Here is my ATC from last year.
 

 
May you enjoy your day!
 
Merry Merry!
   


8 comments:

  1. Awesome! Does the heat and stick really work? I haven't used it before. I thought you might have used the dryer sheet method, but couldn't figure out how you hid the edges of it. The glitter doesn't rub off? Hmmm, I may have to buy yet another product lol!! Thank you for your sweet words of kindness, too! :* kisses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Heat & Stick Powder is AMAZING! I think Sharyn used Tim Holtz's Sticky Embossing Powder AND GKD Prismatic Glitter in 'Frozen' and it seemed to work just as well. Maybe you don't have to shop??? lol Merry Merry my friend, be well! xo~

      Delete
  2. This turned out so well! I have a jar of the Tacky Embossing Powder, that is what mine is called and haven't used it in years. Thanks to your beautiful tag I am going to have to give it a try again and I did find it so no reason not to right.I was interested in the dryer sheet method but after seeing this and it sounds less messy I think that is the way for me to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tag is gorgeous - love all the glitter! This is one of my favorite stamps from that set, especially the sentiment. Beautiful colors too, great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful tag using one of my favorite Christmas sets. I used a row of all of the Nativity images along the bottom of my Christmas letter and then copied it with my printer. I thought it was a nice touch to bring a more meaningful design to this wonderful holiday. It represents the real reason for the season. Your tag is super wonderful with all that shimmer and shine you added.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tag and I love the shimmery, glittery effect which compliments the image so well! Thank you so much for sharing your project and for joining us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Happy Christmas... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this image it's my favorite! Love all the shimmer and sparkle! When I was a kid we used to get Christmas cards from America and the used to have glitter on them and I loved it and to this day I still love glitter and sparkle! Merry Christmas! XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful tag! I love the image and it looks great with all of the sparkle you added. Love the sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete