Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Big Hugs

Hello again!

This card will be entered into the Challenges at; Simon Says Monday, The Great Outdoors and Simon Says Wednesday, Anything Goes!


I created this card for a dear friend and popped it in the mail yesterday, she should have it in a couple of days.  I found that 110# weight card stock that everyone is talking about, Michael's Brand Recollections.  I have prided myself on being a card stock snob and I must confess this stuff is good!  I bought the pack of assorted blues and the pinks.  I also saw they have a white/ivory/blush combo and an assortment of reds.  100 sheets $14.99 and I was able to use a 60% off coupon.  Do the math 100 sheets for only $6.  Well worth it even if it wasn't as thick, as you could always use it as layering card stock. Anyways, I am very happy with it!



 
My stamped sentiment is by Papertrey Ink from the Shakers And Sprinkle Kit, stamped in Marina Mist ink.  Designer Paper by PTI too, Damask DesignsScripty Big Hugs by Simon Says,  Spellbinders Standard and Lacy Circles, Paper Smooches Foliage 1 and Dies R Us Butterflies #2 Set dies.

 
 
 
 
Butterflies layered Blue over White and topped with Enamel Dots.  Corner Rounder.
 
No frills or fuss, just hugs and love!
 
Thanks for popping in.
 
Enjoy~~




6 comments:

  1. I'm sure your friend will love this card. Pretty paper and butterflies. I especially love the rounded corners too.
    Sounds like you got yourself a fabulous bargain with the card ;-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite color is blue, any shade will do. I love how the navy looks with the white, so crisp. The butterflies are perfect with the leaves surrounding the HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and I love all the shades of blue you used on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your friend will love getting this. The leaves are a perfect backdrop for those butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card Donna and I love how you've decorated it on the inside and out...it just looks so elegant and sophisticated! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure your friend will love this! It's fab!

    ReplyDelete