Wednesday, May 3, 2017

1st Mother's Day

Good Afternoon!

First off I have to share some wonderful news with you all!  I am going to be a Nana come November.  Our daughter Lori and our son in law Tim are expecting their first child!  We are over the moon happy, to say the least!  I have had to keep this secret for over 5 weeks, I think it has been the hardest thing I have ever done lol  Friends and neighbors kept sharing news of all of the new babies that would be joining their families and I couldn't say one word, I just smiled and gushed about their joyous news.  Well now I have some of our very own!  I can't wait!

We had a 'photo shoot at their favorite Vineyard over the weekend as they were eager to announce to the world.  Here are a few of their fun photos!

 
 
Tim and Lori holding the 'clothesline' complete with little booties (that's how they told us) a onesie with, my sibling has paws (which I made) and my grandbaby's 1st ultrasound photo.
 
 
 
 
 
A glass of red, a bottle of white, and a glass of Baby Gherkins lol  We also had their engagement photos taken here and in September of 2015 they were married here.  I am thinking in 18+ years perhaps we will have a Graduation Party here.   
 
 
 
 
 
Top left; if you look real close you can see my Grand Fur Baby Hank under the A and B
Bottom Right; Reading Hop On Pop, Are You My Mommy and Hank's book is Berenstain Bears, New Baby In The House. 
 
So yeah, it has been all baby all the time in our houses!
 
Okay, now on to today's card:
 
 
 
I actually started this card with water color paper and proceeded to paint on some beautiful pastel colors.  I also spritzed it with Heidi Swapp Color Mist in Gold.  I don't know why I didn't take a picture of it before assembling.  I think you can still see enough of the pretty colors.  

 
Many dies layered upon each other.  This was a very FUN card to make, definitely a Labor of Love!
 



 
Inside sentiment.
 
Dies:  Papertrey Ink; Mix And Mat Flourish, Shakers And Sprinkles Scallop Frame and Oval
Paper Smooches; Birdhouse
Amy Design; Picket Fence
Impression Obsession; Birds
Cherry Lynn; Cherry Blossoms
 
Stamps:  Gina K Designs; Mommy To Be Diva, Simple Numbers
Papertrey Ink: Tags-Its #2
 
Inks; Raven Black, Pool Party, and Pink Pirouette
 
Thin Ribbon and Adhesive Pearls for accents.  Yellow Hi-Liter.
 
I am entering this in the following Challenges;
 
Simon Says Monday, The Great Outdoors
Simon Says Wednesday, A Hint Of Pink
Dies R Us, Flowers
Scrapy Land, Anything Goes
Papertrey Ink, Water Colored Wash Backgrounds
 
 
Thanks so much for bouncing by!
 
Enjoy~~

 


29 comments:

  1. Oh my, what an exciting time and such a great way to kick off this time of all your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! HOW EXCITING! AND you are celebrating it PERFECTLY with your WONDERFUL CARD!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations again! Such wonderful news and fabulous photos to celebrate! Super, pretty card for your daughter. I love all the pretty embellishments and the sentiment is just perfect! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how wonderful!!! Congratulations! Super news. Also that card is beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderfully exciting for you and your family! Adorable pictures of the parents to be and I can just imagine you're over the moon with excitement. I would be! Your card is adorable as well!! Such a fun celebration. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Donna, it's the best of the best to have a grandchild. Loved the photos and your card, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, Congratulations to you Donna and Tom. You will be great grandparents. I can feel the love all the way down here in Florida. What a fun time for you and the wait will be soooo worth it. Love your card of many colors and It has a nice Spring feel to it with the birds, and the baby birds. I can see that you planned well for the announcement pictures. What a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Donna and Lori! I am not a grandma, my daughters are still a bit young, but I know this baby will be love and treasured. Gorgeous photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely, lovely card Donna! I love all the color from the water colored background to all the beautiful flowers and birds...your daughter is going to LOVE this! And congratulations again...being a Nana is the BEST! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Donna!!! I am jumping for joy with you! (scary thought, yes?) LOL How wonderful! But mostly, I think of your grandchild and how blessed she will be to have a nana like you! I'm so happy for all of you, and keeping your daughter in my prayers for a healthy, enjoyable pregnancy.

    Your card is PERFECT and such a delightful representation of all that motherhood will bring about - won't it be fun watching your daughter through this process? I love how you used the oval in your pretty scene, and the lovely colors - CONGRATULATIONS on your growing family, Donna. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG I am so happy & excited for you!!!! Congrats! You will make an awesome Nana!! LOVE the photos .. what fun! Exciting times ahead ... how wonderful!
    Oh yea before I forget in all my excitement over the baby news ... your card is ADORABLE! As always!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha - ALL baby, ALL the time. Yep, that's about right. And it will be for a long time...lol. I don't have to tell you how happy I am for you all. I bet you had such fun making this card, and it's about time. Your card is adorable, love the little birdhouse, and all those other sweet elements. No one can stack stuff on a card like you!!! Well done, and congratulations once again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy news, for sure, Donna! Love the way you shared it with all of us! Feel your joy, and praying for all of you! Now your gorgeous card, WOW! Layered loveliness! What a special keepsake. Congrats, and adored all the pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations to all of you. Your daughter will love that beautiful card you created for her too. Nothing like a grandchild to enjoy. God bless all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulation Nana. Loved the pictures of the happy couple. Do they know if it a boy or girl or are they waiting to be surprised? Wonderful card and sentiment because I could see they were both glowing. Great colors and die cuts on this first mother's day card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. CONGRATULATIONS!!! First time Nana, how exciting!!! That is one lucky baby to have you for herm's (her/him) Nana. Beautiful card, love the layered die cuts. Will son-in-law get a Father's Day card??

    ReplyDelete
  17. So happy for you Donna!! I know you can hardly wait!!
    And gorgeous Mother's Day card!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Donna, what wonderful news!!! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats again on the wonderful news!! Such a fun photo shoot you had there!
    Such a wonderful card for her to put in her book of the first Mother's day card she received. I love fences with flowers trailing on them :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats, gran2B! Beautiful Mother's Day card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. First, let me say CONGRATULATIONS! Wow, that is some exciting news, and I can't imagine having to keep it to myself that long! I loved seeing the photos at the winery--what a clever announcement! Love the choice of Dr. Suess books--two of my very favorite, and I bet I can recite them to you by heart!

    Now onto the business of this card! It's lovely--what a fabulous design, and I love that you made your own background. Yes, I would have loved to see it before it was covered, but it looks amazing peeking through. Thank you for sharing this with us at Scrapy Land! Hugs! Sara Emily

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well first let me say CONGRATS to you and your family...how very exciting for you all....I know you will be doing lots of shopping!! I have 18 grandkids in all and 3 3/4 greats (teehee one due June 28th)...and I love it...what a wonderful Mother's Day card you have created with all those beautiful layers....something she will treasure for ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats and so happy for you...your card is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW, so happy for your wonderful news and anticipation. Being a Mimi and Papa has been a new experience for us and it is such FUN!
    Your card is darling, the lovely layers and sweet colors are beautiful. And that Mix & Mat Flourishes Die will be on its way to me soon. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations, Donna, on your BIG news about your first grandchild on the way! Five weeks of keeping that a secret would be very difficult. TFS your excitement, photos and beautiful card for the mommy-to-be!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Donna! A huge congratulations on your exciting news! I am so excited for this little one to have the most talented and craft-tastic grandma on the planet! It always makes me happy when art is passed on down through the generations and I know you are already making plans in that direction! Yay! And I also have to say that this card is a stunner. I love the layering you did and think that the diagonal background against those blooms is totally brilliant. Thank you so much for your continued support of our Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog. I always look forward to what you're up to and will now look forward to some baby goodness coming our way!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my gosh... what amazingly fantastic news!! Huge congrats .... isn't this just AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Many congrats!! fabulous photos! Donna your card is stunning! So bright and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congrats to you and your daughter/SIL---- hoooooooray for their new little one <3 And hooooooray that you were able to keep a secret for 5 weeks! That's inspiring- I can barely keep a secret for 5 seconds;)

    What a fabulous card- great dimension and detail! THANKS for joining in the fun with our May challenge <3

    ReplyDelete