Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Double D, Things That Fly

Good Morning!


A brand new Challenge starts at The Double D Challenge Blog, and here is your Inspirational Tile:

 
Things That Fly

 
 
Here is what I created:
 
 
I drew my inspiration from the balloon colors, Black and White.  I started with some pretty Designer Pape found in my stash.  The black center panel was embossed using a Sizzix folder.  Underneath that I added an MFT Dizzy Border die cut, splitting it down the middle, half for each side.  Topped each edge off with a thin White Ribbon.  Tying the whole panel on to the DP and card base with Sheer White Ribbon.  

 
That gorgeous butterfly is by Cheery Lynn, Small Lace Butterfly With Angel Wing.  Cut in White and backed with Black card stock.  I then doused the whole thing in Dazzling Diamonds Glitter by Stampin' Up!  Ooooh that sparkle!!!  My sentiment is from Gina K Designs, Take Flight and was heat embossed in White Embossing Powder.  I hand cut the sentiment flag and only adhered it on the left side, letting the right kind of take it's own flight.  Butterfly Punch on inside.
 
Please come on over to the Double D Blog and join in all of the FUN!  You'll be glad you did!
 
Thanks for flying by.
 
Enjoy~~
 




16 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, what a beauty of a butterfly! I love the intricate lace detail, it looks so real ;-)
    The black and white is so striking xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning card Donna! The black and white and beautifully detailed butterfly really make this card pop. We were blessed with about 18 inches of new fallen snow from the Nor-easter. Lots of shoveling and cleaning up to do today. How did you fare? Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, I think the black and white is always so elegant and classy and then add that sparkle-y butterfly...perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful!! LOVE the black/white and I especially like how the sentiment runs off the page ...what a great idea and it looks awesome! Very classy creation indeed! Thanks for always sharing such amazing inspiration!!! Happy Day to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Your butterfly is spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am such a fan of black and white. This is so pretty with that gorgeous butterfly against that awesome B&W background. And that border die cut is just beautiful. What a lovely card.....LOVE the challenge too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thud! Outstanding and so splendiferous! The black and white are so stunning and then all of the details that you added to make this one beauteous. Love every little detail

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card design and the black and white is so complimentary to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card Donna! I love the detail, and the glittery butterfly is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous design. Love the butterfly and that dp is gorgeous. Such and elegant card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's so much pretty on this, Donna! I have to say that one thing I noticed right off the bat is the border die. It's just the right size and so delicate. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card my dear!! As far as I'm concerned you can never go wrong with black & white and that butterfly is amazingly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Elegant and clean lines on this card, Donna! The die cuts are fab...I love that butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning black and white, pretty papers and detail on the butterfly!!, Love the soft ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Every time I click on your blog I want to be on that beach!! Fabulous card Donna ... What a gorgeous butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning Donna! Love the sparkly butterfly and sheer ribbon to finish it off. Perfecto!

    ReplyDelete