Friday, March 10, 2017

Always In Bloom

Good Morning! 

A little weather update, yesterday it was 50 degrees, today it is snowing and we can expect up to 8 inches.  Oh March!

Today's card will be entered into the following Challenges; Papertrey Ink, Stitching, Stamping Sensations, Close To Nature, Penny Black, Anything Goes, WOW! Embossing Powder, Spring and Scrapy Land, Anything Goes.

 
I was inspired by the #6 swatch, love the soft blue.


 
This card measures 5.5 inches squared.  If you look closely you'll be able to see I stitched all around the border adhering my blue Designer Paper to my pale Pink card stock.  After doing that I just went wild!  Lots of dies and card stocks in soft pale colors creating this Shabby Chic design. 
 
Spellbinders Dies; Fancy Ribbon Threader, Captivating Squares and Hearts.
MFT, Fancy Flourish.
Cheery Lynn, Cherry Blossom.
Crafty Ann, Butterfly #6.


My sentiment is from the Garden Gate Kit by Papertrey Ink.  I stamped it in Marina Mist ink and then heat embossed with Clear Embossing Powder.  My Cherry Blossoms were die cut twice, once in a neutral card stock and then again in blue, which let me layer the blossoms. I die cut the center of the Threader panel and backed the frame with Fun Foam to add a bit of depth.


 
The large heart was embossed with a Sizzix Love Bird embossing folder.  I really do that a lot and love it!  A strip of soft ribbon rosettes.  Lots of Adhesive Pearls for accents. 
 
 

 
I die cut the butterfly and then traced it to hand cut a backing piece.  I added double sided tape to that, allowing me to add some pretty Martha Stewart Glitter.  This sparkles and shines! 
 

 
Sheer Pink Ribbon, Pink Gingham Ribbon, and Ribbon Tabs added.  Pop Dots.
 
This was so much fun to create, I really got lost in the process.  I had to add a heavy card stock backing to the inside to support all of these lovelies. 
 
Thanks so much for coming by, LOVE it when you do!
 
Enjoy~~


10 comments:

  1. Wowzers girlfriend, you have loaded this card up with all kinds of wonderful beau-ti-ful things, I can't quit looking at all that cool 'stuff'..FABULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, love all the soft colors and spring "things". Wait...do I see a kitchen sink peaking out? Just kidding LOL. Looks like a lot of fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is tremendous! Gorgeous layering and color palette. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Donna, a beautiful card with gorgeous embellishments. Every time I look at it, I see something else I missed before :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where should I start? I think with a WOW! I love all of the details that you managed to get onto this card. It is so interesting to look at all of them, you see something different all the time. I think that you really illustrated the sentiment to a tee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards is adorable!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Donna you have made such a pretty card and the embellishments are beautiful.
    Thank you for sharing your lovely work with us at Penny Black and More this month and good luck in our prize draw.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, lovely details.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More 'Anything Goes' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete