Thursday, October 1, 2015

Queen Ann's Lace

Good Morning!

Today Great Impressions is sponsoring the Challenge at C.R.A.F.T., this month they have a fabulous Sketch to play along with.

 
Here is my card:
 
 
I used the fantastic Great Impressions stamps E807 Queen Ann Lace and E791 Sweet SentimentsI love the 'movement' I achieved by stamping the images in this manner and in the 2 different colored inks; Antique Linen and Always Artichoke.  Sentiment stamped in Tuxedo Black.  I wanted to keep the card simple and not use Designer Paper, I love the rustic flavor that shines through.

 
Swiss Dots Embossing Folder for a bit of texture as well as a splattering of White Craft Paint, you know how I love using an old toothbrush for this technique.  Dotted Scallop Border Die used on front and inside.  Large Enamel Dots and Ribbon for accents.  I also hi-lighted the images using a Sakura White Glaze Pen.
 
A new Great Impressions Challenge begins on Sunday, but in the meantime head on over to the        C.R.A.F.T. Sketch Challenge.
 
Thanks so much for popping in.
 
 
*****
On a personal note:
 
Our Daughter's Wedding was an absolute magical day.....and night.....and weekend!
 
 






 
 
I think I finally have my sea legs back, so to speak! 
 
Enjoy~~

 
 
 
 
 

 




12 comments:

  1. Beautiful wedding photos. Thanks for sharing your special day with us. Love the card and all the details that make it special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter was absolutely gorgeous bride! So happy for you all that you had a fabulous day at the wedding! God is good all the time! God's Blessings to both of them! Beautiful card love queen Ann's lace flowers I saw some last time we went to the park. Have a Blessed day! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is fantastic and I love the floating Queen Ann Lace. Such a pretty flower. But, no compassion to,the beautiful wedding pictures. Your daughter was a gorgeous bride, and you were a pretty hot Momma of the bride. Love the family pictures , and I made note of all the special touches of craftiness all around. Beautiful day of memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, awesome pics - thanks so much for sharing. And I LOVE your card, AND that stamp. I'm so partial to Queen Ann's Lace anyway. You are right, the movement you achieved is just great, and I really like the white spatter on kraft - I'm going to definitely do that. Lori is just gorgeous, she absolutely SHINES!!! Super post!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card design. I like that you stamped the Queen Anne's Lace in two colors onto the kraft. Great colors together. And, I love the wedding photos you shared. It looks like it was a wonderful sunny day and the bride is beautiful as is her Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing the pics of your beautiful daughter on her special day....the groom isn't hard to look at either on his special day. Both bride & M-O-B are beautiful. Oh yeah, I like those handsome dudes on Ring Security too. Looks like it was a beautiful day. Last but not least, I love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooopps! forgot one thing; thanks for going through my blog and making all those wonderful comments. You are just too sweet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and beautiful Bride and day by the look of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the queen ann's lace stamp and your take on the sketch. The wedding photos are so beautiful, and the day was perfect(know you were concerned about rain). How cute are the ring security guys in their shades. I have never seen a wedding cake with a dog on it. How much fun. Is that handsome guy in the blue suit your hubby? Thanks for sharing the this special day with your crafting friends.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing the wonderful pictures. Looks like everyone had a great day. So happy everything went well. Love the Queen Ann's Lace! Such a pretty stamp and card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had a beautiful day for your daughter's wedding! Love the pictures. Your card is so pretty. I've always loved Queen Ann's Lace--my mother used it a lot in her floral arrangements. Thanks for the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab take on the sketch and thank you for sharing with us at Craft just love this. Fabulous pictures of a awesome day

    ReplyDelete