Monday, September 7, 2015

White Washed Sunflower

Good Afternoon! 

Finally had a little time to play.  This card will be entered into the Challenge at the Mod Squad, White Wash, hosted by the one, the only, the ever talented, Barbara Campbell.

 
I used the Gina K Designs stamp set, Autumn Beauty, love this particular sunflower.  I rather like the White Washed Technique, it adds quite a contrast.  Here's Melanie's VIDEO in case you'd like to give it a try.


I layered the Spellbinders Majestic Labels 25 and added my sunflower.  These dies are very intricate and my new Big Shot handles them well!  Just a few Adhesive Pearls and matching Ribbon for accents.

 
I think I did have as much fun trying this technique as Barbara did!  YAY!
 
Thanks so much for coming by!
 
Enjoy~~



7 comments:

  1. WOW!!! this is absolutely gorgeous. You outdid yourself on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thud! Stunning card and I love that sun flower, my favorite. The color combo of the tan and cranberry is so striking. The die frames it perfectly but does not take away. Glad that you had fun, and thanks for joining us. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, this card just makes my mouth water. It's STUNNING!!! Those die cuts are wonderful and I love the Cranberry and Tan together. Using that dark red color with those dies makes everything so rich!!! And so glad to know the Big Shot handles the dies so well - I am loving mine so far. Really great take on the challenge, this is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really gorgeous, Donna! Great job with the technique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is simply BEAUTIFUL! The die cuts and colors you chose make this regal looking. They make the white washed sunflower really pop. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. Love the die cut you used to fame this project and the colors are beautiful. I tried the white wash on a sunflower but it did not come out like I wanted so I started again. I posted a project on my blog that I did for my gal pal and there is a little note that was meant for you so if you have a chance take a look.

    ReplyDelete