Sunday, September 6, 2015

Spooky Tree

Happy Sunday Morning! 

Today we start a brand new Monthly Challenge at Great Impressions!!!  This month's theme is

FUN!!!
 
Here is my Challenge Card: 
 

As soon as I saw that tree stamp I knew I had to own it, isn't it spooky?!?!  It's the Great Impressions stamp,  G432 Spooky Tree.....appropriately named!

I heat embossed the tree using black embossing powder, then I took some orange and black craft paint and flicked them all over the image using my trusty craft toothbrush.  That technique is super easy and really adds a bit of oomph!  Plus if you ever have an ink smear or smudge you can usually cover it up!  ;)  I used a Spellbinders Classic Oval die to create my window which I raised by using a ton of pop dots on the panel.  Designer Paper from my Halloween stash pile.


 
My row of Jack-O-Lanterns were created using a Martha Stewart Punch, which I layered on black and glittery orange card stock.....creepy!  A little black and white gingham ribbon tied off and a bit added as a ribbon tab.  I then cut a little spider web with my Cameo and added some black glitter to give it a great sparkle.
 
Now you have all month to create a fun and/or spooky card for the  GI Challenge!  And remember when using your Great Impressions stamps, upload into our Customer Gallery.
 
Thanks so much for dropping by!
 
Enjoy~~
 




8 comments:

  1. Great Halloween spooky card sweet pea! Them Jack o lanterns are spooky alright and the tree and the creepy spider! Ahhh ! Lol Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a super Halloween card! The gingham works terrifically! Happy wedding month!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Halloween card! That tree is spooky, but fun. Love the background trees and those creepy jack-o-lanterns too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spoooky!!! Great Halloween card my dear. Love the creepy-spooky jack-o-lanterns. Thanks for the idea of heat embossing the spooky tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute and spooky is the name! Love the bats flying around and the orange splatters. The spooky background is amazing, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the splatter and sponging on that oval. Just makes that spooky, awesome tree pop!! I really like that tree - what fun!!! Oh, and great background paper too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is super fun, Donna! I LOVE the gingham ribbon as an anchor--and the night sky you came up with looks fabulous! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful combination of elements! I love the tip of adding spatters to cover up your ink smudges-clever! Also love that background paper with the birds in the trees, it really goes well with that stamp! Great job Donna!

    ReplyDelete