Friday, July 24, 2015

Fall Bookmarks

Good Afternoon!

Wednesday our humidity moved out and that sweet cool air from Canada came through, it feels heavenly!  And with just that little switch I began to think of Fall and all it brings.  Cooler temps, rustic golds, back to school and pie....okay my bookmarks have nothing to do with pie.  But I love baking in the Fall!  ;)

These will be entered into a few Challenges; Mod Squad, The Wing's The Thing, hosted by my Online BFF Judy Woodland, check out her blog!   Stamp TV, Get Out The Tissue, hosted by another dear and talented friend Joyce Erb, check out her blog as well.  And for the Challenge at Simon Says Wednesday Sparkle & Shine.

 
I used Gina K Designs stamp sets, Autumn Beauty, Fabulous Frame and Harvest Of Wishes.  I stamped the sunflower image directly to a large piece of tissue paper many times.  Cutting the large panel into two 2" x 6" pieces, which I then glued down to pieces of chipboard measuring the same.  Punched a hole in the top of each, adding eyelets and Baker's Twine.  I then stamped the sunflower two more times and fussy cut them out.  Colored with Copic Markers.  Stamped my 'winged thing' to the top and colored that image as well, then I added a good dousing of Stickles for my sparkle and shine.  Added the perfect Fall sentiment and a lone flourish.    

 
I really love how the tissue paper holds a stamped image and the texture it adds, especially if you leave some of the bubbles and crinkles.  FUN technique!
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.....hope the weather is good to you!
 
Enjoy~~


11 comments:

  1. These are just perfect. Love your gorgeous butterfly and that stunning sunflower. I'm sorry, but I don't want to think about fall....lol. Love your background too, along with those beautiful flourishes!! Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for finding time to play along this week - I know how busy you are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful bookmarks! Love the butterflies and those pretty sunflowers. Love your beautiful background too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, love your bookmarks
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute idea to make bookmarks. They are very sunny and fall like. But I am with Judy, don't want to think about fall yet. Even thought they have the Christmas trees out at the HL. So I will call these, late summer bookmarks. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful bookmarks. Internet is in and out so have to comment quickly when it is on,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous bookmarks!! Like Judy and Barbara, I don't want to think about fall yet but fall colors always give me a warm, cozy feeling. Love the beautiful sunflower with the flourish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these bookmarks! The flower is so pretty, and that butterfly is in the perfect spot. The flourish is a wonderful addition, too. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello Donna! these are both so cute tags! So glad you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! I am having one last giveaway this week on my blog to celebrate my birthday, stop by and comment for your chance at winning!

    http://paperieblooms.blogspot.com/2015/07/final-week-of-my-birthday-month-giveaway.html

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are Gorgeous! :) I so love your tags! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful bookmarks. Love how you used both the sunflower and a butterfly.

    ReplyDelete