Sunday, April 9, 2017

Masculine Easter

Hello Again.

Another quick little card, which will be entered into the Challenges at Stamp TV, Happy Easter and Scrapy Land, Anything Goes!

I needed one more Masculine Easter card and here is what I came up with.

 
 
I cut 3 Oval shapes to make my eggs using the Spellbinders Classic Ovals die.  I cut them from Kraft card stock.  Here there is a local jingle; Brown Eggs Are Local Eggs, And Local Eggs Are Fresh.  Not sure if this is true for every part of the country, but we grew up singing that little ditty.   I then decorated my local brown eggs using the Gina K Designs stamp set, Lots Of Washi, inks in Marina Mist, Old Olive and Wisteria Wonder.
 
 

 
My basket, fabric liner and sentiment are also from Gina K Designs; Basket Blessings and Holiday Basket.  Ink in Raven Black.  My background cover plate die is by Papertrey Ink, Hexagon.  I thought it would be that 'chicken wire' look that would compliment my theme.  Card stocks; Ivory, Kraft and Green Apple.  Very manly!
 
Hope you have an EGGStra special day!
 
Thanks for hopping by!
 
Enjoy~~


8 comments:

  1. LOVE me some local eggs. We have a neighbor down the street who has chickens....brown eggs are the BEST. And so is your card. Super creative with the stamped decoration. And I love what you have done with that basket too. Plus, that hex cover die is perfect, it looks exactly like chicken wire. This card just makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A brilliant male card for Easter! Such a clever design, love the decorated eggs in the basket! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the choice of colors for this Easter card! Everybody goes with pastels, but this is one out of the box approach and I love it!
    Thank you for joining Scrapy Land Challenge.
    Hugs
    Samra DT
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic basket of eggs and I love the designs on each of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great idea and design for a masculine card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous and clever masculine Easter card!! Love that basket, I have a very old basket stamp somewhere, maybe I should get it out, see you have inspired me and I need it!! (BTW...your work ahead DD cards are FABULOUS!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You come up with the most fun ideas in the world. I love the masculine eggs in the basket. Great background too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Only you would come up with a masculine basket of eggs. It's so perfect with that hexagon background.

    ReplyDelete