Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Double D, Blue & White

Good Morning!

A brand new Challenge is up and running over at the Double D Challenge Blog.  

Such pretty Blues!


 


I came up with a very clean, a very simple design....I know, right?!?!



 
 
 
Using this majestic tree die from Cheery Lynn, Whimsical Tree Of Life die, I cut it twice.  Once from the White focal panel and then again form Navy card stock.  I placed the Navy cut back in the negative space of the White. A simple technique, but I just adore it!
 
 

 
The 2 swatches of blue inks were stamped using the Stampin' Up! set, Sealed With Love.  Inks in Night Of Navy and Not Quite Navy.  My sentiment is by Gina K Designs, Scripty Sayings 2, after stamping I covered it with Clear Powder and heated it.  I do this every time when stamping on Vellum.  I have been known to smudge lol.  Candy Dots, to hide the glue dot under my Vellum.....Oh Fudge.....where did that left one go???  hahaha I will find it!
 
Please come on over to the Double D Blog and join in all of the FUN!  
 
Check out the FAB Prize up for grabs too!
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
Thanks for coming by, hope your day is anything but blue!
 
Enjoy~~

12 comments:

  1. Well I happen to love your simple design! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I think this is FABULOUS! What a striking design! Awesome inspiration as always my friend ... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well what a fab card Donna!! I love that technique with the tree die I must try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful and elegant, Donna! The tree die is awesome! I love the sentiment stamped on the vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply an elegant card. Loving the navy and white combo and the tree with the inset die cut. All it needed was the vellum sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW...I love this and how you did the tree is FABULOUS!! Another beautiful card my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the simplicity wit the WOW factor. Fabulous as always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simplicity with a WOW factor. Fabulous as always.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love those two swatches of blue under the tree. I swear, it's the little things that make a difference. So pretty with the sentiment on vellum. Funny how I have a tree die on my desk that I was going to do this exact same thing with AND for an anniversary card. Scary, almost, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  10. A really stunning card, I love the blues and white and of course your vellum sentiment! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like Kathy said, simplicity with a wow factor. To my thinking, a different color would not have the same "wow" factor

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what a beautiful card Donna!The design with the blue die cut tree is just stunning.

    ReplyDelete