Monday, April 15, 2019

Kindness, Just Because

Good Morning!

I'm going to say that Spring has arrived here on Cape Cod....hope I just didn't jinx myself!
The air is warmer and things seem to be greening up a bit.
YAY!

This first card will be entered into the following Challenges:

Simon Says Monday, Beautiful Blooms.
Stamping Sensations, April Showers Bring May Flowers.
Power Poppy, On The Grid.
Allsorts, Blossoms, Butterflies, Bugs.
Penny Black, Springtime.





I used the Everything's Even Rosier stamp set by Power Poppy.   
Stamped in Amalgam Black ink and colored with Copic Markers.  
Then I sliced the image up into 1" squares.  But, first I added a sheet of double sided adhesive to the back of the image.  Made it so much easier than using my large ATG Adhesive Gun.




Placed all the images onto a piece of pretty Blue card stock and then swiped my Versa Mark Ink pad all over, doused with Clear Embossing Powder and then heat set it.  
This shines so much, looks like little pretty tiles!
Of course, nearly impossible to capture in a photo.

Added a sentiment stamped in Island Indigo ink and heat embossed with Clear Powder.






My next card will be entered into the 
Challenge at Gina K Designs, Ombre Ink Blending.



This was a very simple and quick card to make.  

Using the Gina K Designs Bitty Blossoms stamp set, I stamped my floral image 
using Versa Mark ink and White Embossing Powder which I then heat set.





Using inks in;  So Saffron, Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, 
and Calypso Coral I created my ombre background.

I die cut my sentiment using the Simon Says Kindness die, 
which I also used my inks on to make the ombre effect.

Added some 'dew drops' using Nuvo Drops in Crystal Clear.

Quick and easy.  No added postage. lol




Thanks for stopping by.

HAPPY SPRING!!!



13 comments:

  1. That Power Poppy image caught my eye as I scrolled through my blog feed...such pretty coloring and fun design as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two more real beauties Donna, love the design of the first and elegance of the second, thanks for sharing again with us at Allsorts.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you did your tiles, gorgeous coloring and I always love the look of tiles when using clear embossing powder over them, Like how you have offset them like that.
    beautiful shading of your background on the second one, I love how you did the sentiment the same way too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so admire anyone who can color a beautiful image and then cut it in squares. Then you have to get the same amount or space around each square. I can imagine how shiny they are with the embossing powder.Just gorgeous. Love the clean and simple card too. Your favorite color too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both just beautiful. I don't think I'd have the courage to cut up an image I just stamped and colored. My squares would never have the same amount of space between them. The ombre background on the second is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2 lovely cards! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beauiful creations for our April showers bring May flowers challenge! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous design and beautiful cards.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts
    and at Penny Black and more;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful creations!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Penny Black and More challenge!
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Allsorts this week with your creation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful ink blending! Such a warm card I truly adore it. Love the clean and simple design. Thank you for joining in the Gina K Designs monthly challenge - Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful cards, very pretty flowers. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous coloring Ms. Donna and your spin on the grid effect is just beautiful! Love the tilted image -- just adds that extra bit of pizzazz! :-)

    ReplyDelete