Saturday, May 9, 2015

Watercolor Iris

Good Morning!  A little bit gloomy and rainy here.....perfect day for crafting!

Today's card will be entered into the Mod Squad Challenge, Watercolor Stamping, hosted by my dear friend Judy Woodland!  I actually made two cards. 

 
I used the beautiful Iris image from Gina K Designs, Stately Flowers 8.  Such delicate detail.  I first colored my stamp with Watercolor Pencils and then spritzed with water.  Stamped the image onto watercolor paper and then colored the image a bit more with a water brush.  I am still not sure if it looks 'artsy' or messy.....maybe it will grow on me.  :)  

 
I used the same steps in this card, but after it all dried I re-stamped the image using Dove Grey Ink.  I wanted the image more defined and I kind of like this look.

 
Corner Tab Punches and Ribbons added for accents.  That is all.  :)
 
Thanks so much for coming by, appreciate you doing so.
 
Enjoy~~
 

13 comments:

  1. Both are beautiful, and I like the way you re-stamped the images so they would be a little more defined. Gorgeous my Dear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watercolor pencils? I will have to try that. Very lovely and soft result. I like both cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful watercolouring, Donna! Beautiful cards!! Love that iris stamp, too. Much more realistic than the PTI one I just got.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are beautiful. I must say that technique does make a beautiful card (even if I did grumble when I saw the challenge).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like both cards, especially the second one with the image stamped on top.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it fun to play around with different looks. I really like both of them, but the re-stamped one is my favorite. Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are beautiful. I like the first one best....I'm partial to purples. Happy Mother's Day, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful colors and designs. I think I like the re-stamped image better too. You get more detail.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, I love both of these. They are each different in their own way. I would never have thought to use watercolor pencils, but they work beautifully. Your colors are really pretty, and I love the focal image - that stamp works very well with this technique. Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with me this week at Mod Squad!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think artsy. They are both gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so soft and delicate, I really suck at painting, but you are the queen of watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous flower images and wonderfully watercolored and re-stamped in dove grey! The design is wonderful as it showcases the beauty of the Iris'! Both cards are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are both gorgeous! Love the photo corners, the black with the purple and pink, and your beautiful water colored flowers. Well done!

    ReplyDelete