Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Double D, April Showers

  Good Morning! 


A brand new Challenge is up and running over at the Double D Challenge Blog





Here is your Inspiration Tile:


 April Showers.


I thought those little lady bugs were the cutest, so I knew I wanted to create something like that, plus the greenery and dew drops reminded me of lily of the valley.


This is what I came up with:



I, along with a couple of my dear card making friends, inherited a ton of dies.
These Lily Of The Valley are just a few of them.
I cut 2 sets and layered them.
I then cut a 3rd set just from white and cut them to fit the little buds.
I also covered them all in Glossy Accents.
MFT Cross Stitched Rectangles die.




Lawn Fawn Hey Lady stamp and die sets.
Tuxedo Black ink.
Clear Embossing Powder.
Copic Markers.
Fun Foam.
Foam Dot.





Inside.






Cute!




Please come on over to the Double D Blog and join in all of the FUN!




You'll be glad you did as there is always a pretty prize up for grabs!





Here's the prize for this Challenge:




 You never bug me when you stop by!

Thanks so much!

Enjoy~~

















13 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card and a perfect take on the mood board, creative way to make it stand out by layering it and those ladybugs look so real!! It's a fabulous card and lucky you to inherit those dies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! I love the way you layered the Lilly Of The Valley flowers creating such great dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic way of utilizing color and die cuts, Donna! We used to have a lot of lady bugs here. There were some viburnum bushes that apparently is where the ladybug nursery resided. But those bushes required severe pruning at least twice a year (I found myself battling with 6 foot tall branches, having to saw them out, in the spring and fall). As my abilities petered out, I decided to have the viburnum pulled out and replaced with a miniature ever green bush. It just never occurred to me, I'd lose the lady bug nurseries for our property. Now I seldom see them. And we don't have many stick bugs either anymore. Of course, perhaps the viburnum were hosting the food source for the ladybugs? Well, I've bored you long enough LOL Thanks for sharing your beautiful card, Donna! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  4. VERY creative using the Lily of the Valley! The colors are awesome and yes, love those little ladybugs as long as they are on a card and not in my crafting cave! LOL Awesome inspiration my friend! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, this is so sweet and an amazing match to the mood board. I know we don't have to match, but it's fun to run with it when you can. Love the ladybugs and the sentiment that goes with them so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! Love the lily of the valley and added glossy accents. You know I am a fan of dimension on cards and you never disappoint. Those lady bugs are really life like!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very pretty, I love your lady bugs all around the card too, cute sentiment to go with them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this, the colours are beautiful and the design of your card shows it off very nicely too

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely love the dimension on this card. Super cute ladybug on the inside too. It is great seeing the insides of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "White coral bells, upon a slender stalk. Lilies of the Valley deck my garden walk. Oh don't you wish, that you could hear them ring? That will happen only when the fairies sing."

    A sweet little song my grammie used to sing to me when I was little. Your beautiful card instantly reminded me of it. I love this so much, and it's a great take on the photo in the Mood Board. FABULOUS CARD!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how sweet! I have never heard that song before! Edie and I sing each visit, it's amazing what she can remember! xoxo

      Delete
  11. I adore how creative you were with the mood board and your card. I am jealous of your talent to express yourself through crafting. This card is an example of what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful Donna and the perfect take on the inspiration board. What a pretty make for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete