Friday, August 13, 2021

Rose Of Sharon vs Hibiscus 2

 

Back again! 

This card will be entered into the following Challenges:

Altenew, Pair A Flower.



I have several Rose Of Sharon Trees throughout my yard.  I brought them from my childhood home to my 1st house in Norton Mass and now to Cape Cod.
The colors run from Pink to Blue to Purple.

I paired my Rose of Sharon with the Altenew Wild Hibiscus 
stamp and die set....now wait.....this is why......

Rose of Sharon (Hibiscus syriacus) and  hibiscus (Hibiscus rosa-sinensis) are cousins. Both are members of the mallow family, a large group of several hundred different plant species.



And here's my 2nd pairing:






This card uses the Altenew Wild Hibiscus stamp and die sets.
Sentiment from their Beautiful Day stamp set.
'Ink Smooshing' Technique.
Amalgam Black ink.
Clear Embossing Powder.
Zig Markers.
Ink Splatters.





A very simple yet pretty card.

Again, thanks for coming by!

Enjoy~~



7 comments:

  1. LOVE Rose of Sharon. We had a bush for many years....so lovely. Ours bloomed in the fall. Your card is so sweet, I adore it. Looks like it was so much fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea that you have brought this plant with you to where ever you live. I have my Hosta's that have been with me from the first house. Of course, your flowers are so much better and have inspired you to make beautiful greeting cards like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful and a great match of flower pairs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL!!! both your card and the Rose of Sharon. Your love of gardening and card making go so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are just gorgeous, perfect pairing, love your ink smooshing of them, lovely sentiment to go with them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How clever of you, and very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete