Friday, August 13, 2021

Rose Of Sharon vs Hibiscus 1

 Good Morning! 

This card will be entered into the following Challenges:

Altenew, Pair A Flower.



I have several Rose Of Sharon Trees throughout my yard.  I brought them from my childhood home to my 1st house in Norton Mass and now to Cape Cod.
The colors run from Pink to Blue to Purple.

I paired my Rose of Sharon with the Altenew Wild Hibiscus 
stamp and die set....now wait.....this is why......

Rose of Sharon (Hibiscus syriacus) and  hibiscus (Hibiscus rosa-sinensis) are cousins. Both are members of the mallow family, a large group of several hundred different plant species.



And here's my pairing:







Altenew Wild Hibiscus stamp and dies sets.
Sentiment from their Peony Spray stamp set.
I used the 'ink smooshing' technique, what FUN!
White and Clear Embossing Powders.
Amalgam Black ink.
Zig Markers.
Ink Splatters.
Pink Fresh Glacier Jewels.




This card measures 3 1/2 " x 6 "
I believe that makes it a mini slimline card.


Thanks for popping in!

Enjoy~~











4 comments:

  1. Another lovely card. I'm working my way backwards. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite slimline is a mini! This is a Lovely simple flower and that is all it needs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet little card. That background just makes the focal pop, and I love your colors. I'm really becoming enamored of the slimline mini, it's so popular and fun. Well done, this is just wonderful. Oh, and thanks for the tutorial on syriacus vs rosa sinensis. You is wicked SMAAAHT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty single flower, love the splattering with it, such pretty gems too, that is so great that you were able to bring those flowers to your new home from your childhood home!

    ReplyDelete