Thursday, January 21, 2016

Valentine Matchbook

Wow, it's been so long!  Finally got my 'sea legs' back from vacation and I think all of the rum is out of my system....oh what FUN we had!

I made this sweet little Matchbook Candy Holder (sans candy....can't buy it this early as I can not be trusted, if you know what I mean?) for the Challenge at Papertrey Ink, Matchbook Valentines.  I will also enter it into the Challenges at Mod Squad, Love Is In The Air, Great Impressions, Lovey Dovey, Scrapy Land , Love Is In The Air.


The little clothes pin is just holding it closed until I add my candy and staple it down.  I used the Papetrey Ink products, Swoosh (stamp & die) and Love & Marriage.  The Vellum Heart Strings is by Penny Black.

Using White Embossing Powder I stamped the heart and then fussy cut it out, and popped it up using dimensional foam.  Designer Papers by My Mind's Eye, Kiss & Tell.

 
I think I will make  several more of these for my Mom's friends aka My Crazy Aunties....they love that.....and chocolate.....and me!  <3
 
And here's just a few of our vacation photos......
 
 
 
 
Aruba Sunset
 
 
 

 
Aruba Pool Side




 
Sunset (booze) Cruise

 
Off-Roading In Aruba With My Man....What An ADVENTURE!!!
 
Thanks for stopping by.
 
Enjoy~~

  

19 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card!! I love the papers you used and the design!! It looks amazing!! Gorgeous photos of your trip, too!! I wish I was there right now as I stare at the snow on the ground!! Thanks so much for playing along with the Scrapy Land Blog Challenge!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Donna! I LOVE that vellum heart banner, the lovely layering, and the wonderful color combo! Thank you so much for joining us at Great Impressions! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous and romantic card!! Love the papers that you used! I love the photos from your vacation and that catamaran looks like a lot of fun!! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cute matchbook - pretty paper combos and i love the vellum heart banner! thanks for playing make it monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun to make a match book card that you can attach to a gift of candy. Love the bold background and the heart on top. The crazy Aunties will love them too. Your vacation looks so beautiful and I hope that it was all of that, an more for you. Tom sure is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! I love the vellum heart banner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the perfect thing for your mom's friends...they will love it, and so will your mom. I know she beams every time you share your talent with the group. I love your papers and that heart is beautiful when embossed. And I covet that Heart Strings die...I think I need that. Thanks so much for playing along this week over at Mod Squad Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful little work of art! Everything works so well together and of course, you always blow me away with the things you make anyway. And, this is no exception!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You Mom's friends must just love you. This is such a sweet project for them. Love the papers and that string of vellum hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful creation for your mom and Crazy Aunties. Love that background paper, white embossing and especially the vellum heart string.
    Looks like you had a wonderful vacation with a hottie

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute! I saw it earlier on Facebook but didn't realize it was a matchbook. I am so far behind....just watched the video this morning. I am loving this and what a great idea to make for my grandkids. I hope you trip was relaxing and wonderful. The pictures are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute! Love it all! Aruba looks like it was wonderful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Donna and your photos are fabulous too! Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful vacation photos! So glad you had a good time. Your card is nice. Love the heart and your embossing. Also really like the vellum heart string.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This matchbook is really nice and locations are also great, I am grateful that you shared it here. I also want to celebrate my valentine at event space nyc and wish to have some good and quality time with my loved one there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. STOP with those Aruba pics! They look like heaven! (and I'm jealous, of course!) Great matchbox, love that background paper. Thanks for joining our Lovey Dovey challenge this month at Great Impressions Stamps. Julie, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card and a lovely Valentine's card. . Thank you for joining us at Scrapy Land. Enjoyed your lovely pictures.
    Hugz from Wisconsin, Patricia
    Scrapy Land Store
    rubber stamping is my game blog


    ReplyDelete