Friday, January 29, 2016

2 Little Fishes

Good Morning!

I made today's card for the Challenges at Mod Squad Blog, Masculine Birthday and Simon Says Wednesday, Anything Goes!

I saw this on Pinterest and thought it would be great for my Brother-In-Law.

 
I used the By The Tide stamp set from Stampin' Up!  I created a wood grain background by scoring every 1/2 inch and then swiping several colors of ink over the panel....I love this look!

 
Mounted my wood grain background down with 'screws' of course....these screw brads are so manly.  Grabbed a skewer, cut it and sponged ink all over to mimic a primitive fishing pole, think Andy Griffith.  Stamped some coral on the focal panel, and 2 little fishes colored with Copic Markers, which were fussy cut out, I also added a bit of Stickles to make the scales sparkle.  Tied a little Jute Twine to my pole and then hot glued it down.  Added my fish.  

 
He should love this! 
 
Years ago I made him this card and he framed it.  :)
 
 
Thanks so much for popping in.
 
Enjoy~~



12 comments:

  1. I love any card you make with that stamp set...a winner every time. Your wood background is awesome, and I really like your coloring on those fish. And of course the fishing pole is just genius, your BIL will LOVE this!! And I so remember the fishing vest you made years ago. You sent me that cut and I made a card for Himself. Still have it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how creative! I love all the details you put into this awesome masculine card. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way the fishes are colored! The whole card is designed very well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FAN-TAS-TIC!! Love your wood grain background and your awesome coloring of the fish. You are always so creative with the little "extras" such as that fishing pole. Your b-I-l will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Dad would have loved this card, Donna, (and the one from a year ago, too!) So glad you shared it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna, you are so creative. This is a great card. Thank you for joining us at the Mod Squad Challenge. Good luck.

    Peggy T.
    Mod Squad Challenge DT member

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, that is quite a catch! I love the wood grain background for the card and also the way you colored those fish. Just wonderful card design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the wood grained panel of course. the fish looks so realistic in these colors and that panes of seweed or coral makes a great underwater scene. Great card, my friend. do love your fishing vest too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Donna, love the fishes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this, Donna! Your background is fabulous and I love the colorful fish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now, this card is a real eye catcher. Love the different color background. Not the usual ocean colors. Those fish look absolutely real. You colored them so perfectly. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete