Saturday, April 18, 2015

Window Box 2

Good Morning!

Another Window Box Card which will be entered into the Challenge at Dies R Us, April Showers Bring May Flowers.  And I am thankful for that!!!


I created this card when I made the other Window Box card, so the instructions are the same for the first part;

I started by creating my wood grain background to mimic the house or shed you might find this window box hanging on. I used Distress Inks in, Antique Linen and Weathered Wood, and then some White ink as well.  I used an EK Success Border Punch to create the box portion, 2 rows of this particular punch.

The flowers were made using a Martha Stewart punch, but this particular punch is a bit different in it punches out only portions of the flower, so I hand cut them out, just had to snip a little bit away from the center on each petal.  I don't think I have ever used it properly.  I'll have to look that up.  lol  Sizzix Branch With Leaves die and Copic Marker colored Adhesive Pearls. 
 

The sentiment is from Gina K Designs, One In A Million, stamped in Garden Green ink.
 
I really enjoyed making these Window Box cards.  They make me HAPPY!
 
Thanks for coming by!
 
Enjoy~~
 


11 comments:

  1. Ok, if I had to pick, I love this one the best. I guess it is the spray of flowers cascading on this card. I love the demension that they have and the colors too. Soon you will be playing in the dirt, but for now, these flower box cards are good enough. I adore this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this card! I love your simple flowers and the colors you chose. And your wood-grained background is amazing - the perfect backdrop for these flowers! Sooooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL!! Love the floral spray design and your colors are eye popping and perfect! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘MAY FLOWERS’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another gorgeous creation! Love these beautiful flowers too ! Have a happy and blessed day sweet pea! Got lots of fun things planned for today too with going to lunch with a slew of ladies from church and then dinner with our friends from church but only 4 of us this time. Lol
    XO ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both window box cards are beautiful but I think I like this one best. Happy wedding planning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful flowers and colors! Love it on the wood grain background and the pretty little pearl centers.....beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally gorgeous Donna. Love how you have those beautiful coloured flowers cascading down the page on that fabulous background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, wow! I love those beautiful blooms on that card you designed. And, thanks for the LOVE you sent to me too. I so appreciate your concern.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one of my favorite color combos. The die cut vine looks great with the flowers popped up on them, and the woodgrained background is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, simply gorgeous. I love how you have those flowers kind of swirling from the bottom to the top of the card. And those colors are fantastic, with the leaves and pearls as accents. Awesome, just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This one is gorgeous too! Love the woodgrained background, sets the flowers off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete