Friday, October 11, 2013

Nothing Distressing About This Tag

Good Morning!  I know so many of you use Distressed Inks on a daily basis and LOVE them, me not so much.  I have a stack of about 8 of them and hardly ever use them.  Yes, I see everyone create such beautiful projects, blending colors oh so right and achieving a result Tim Holtz would be proud of.  Me....uh....not so much!  Until I visited Tammy Tutterow's Blog.  I have finally made something using Distress Inks that doesn't look like a murky puddle of brown.  Yay me!  lol

This tag is for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, Inspired By Tammy Tutterow.

 
I used a couple of stamps from Stampendous, the Tag itself and Follow Your Art.  The group of stars is a $1 stamp, the heart is from Stamp Craft and the branch is from Gina K Designs, Let It Snow.  I added some clear embossing powder on the heart to give it a nice shine.  I managed to use several Distress Inks (correctly!) blending and sponging; Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Peeled Paint, & Broken China.  A purple eyelet in the bottom left and some Clown Ribbon (that's what I call this great tied dyed looking ribbon from my stash) to finish it off.

All in all I am happy with this look, so I may quit while I am ahead.  :)

Thanks so much for popping in and always remember:


Enjoy~~


12 comments:

  1. You know how much I love the distress inks! So happy you are using yours, and you did a fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this is just perfect and may have to try this with my distress inks.Thanks for sharing and hugs,Yes make more:)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful Donna! I hardly ever use my distress inks either...not sure why. I think I should get out of my comfort zone now that you inspired me and start using them! Love Love your tag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Follow your Art! You are so clever and quite an artist. I thnk that you have now mastered the inks! I am inspired. Inks, I get, tags, not so much. I will need to work on that. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna, this turned out great, love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right...nothing distressing here! Love your tag and even the "clown ribbon", that's funny. Like that little purple thingy in the bottom left corner too.
    I was lurking...yes lurking, over at Flourishes and I see you were a lucky winner. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning! Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog and for sharing your "Tammy" inspiration with us! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is just gorgeous. You have definitely captured the technique here. Love, love, love your choice of colors....how DO you do that?? Just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. FABULOUS tag!! Love all the colors in the background. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete