Sunday, March 29, 2020

Dream

Good Morning!

I tried my hand at 'steampunk' although quite fun to try I feel like I should try again....and again.

This will be entered into the Challenge at  Simon Says Monday, Steampunk.






Using the Stampin' Up Detailed Dragonfly die I cut it once from this heavy card stock I have in my stash and then again from Walnut Hollow Yellow and Orange Aluminum.  I then adhered the 2 and dabbed paint all over the top of it. Adding lots of different Embossing Powders I heated it.  






The paint bubbled up beneath the powder when heated and created this awesome texture.





Tutti Designs Stitched Tag die cut 3 times and layered.
I also created a stencil using stencil paper, a thin plastic 
and a Memory Box Distressed Windham Collage die, which I used Embossing Paste on.
I also used a random foliage stencil in my stash.
Amalgam Black and Old Olive inks.
Black paint splatters.
Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Gold and White.
Gina K Designs Botanical Dreams stamp set.
Black Embossing Powder.
Tim Holtz Sprocket and Gears accent.
Nuvo Drops in Ebony.
Seam Binding Ribbon which was painted with diluted Gold Paint and Perfect Pearls.





Dragonfly adhered to Tag using a screw like brad.






To Dream!



Thanks for flitting by!

Be well!

5 comments:

  1. This is great steampunk! I am not good at it either, but I know good when I see it. This is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This looks amazing Donna! I've never tried this style but you look like you've mastered it already. The dragonfly has great patina!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dragonfly die is one of my all time favorites and I love what you have done with it with the embossing powder. Great texture, great tag. Just beautiful, you nailed the steampunk look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome tag, I just love the effect on your dragonfly that is so cool, neat idea with the screw brad too.

    ReplyDelete