Friday, March 20, 2020

Carrots, Cake and Mom

Back again!

This 1st project will be entered into the ScorPal Challenge, Easter Or Spring.

I followed along a tutorial by Twila at SplitCoast Stampers, Carrot Treat Box.

I can't tell you the scoring marks as they are not standard except for the first one, 
which is on the diagonal of a 6 x 6 inch square piece of card stock.  Then they get a bit wonky, but it's easy to follow along.  There are 4 score marks in all.  There is a photo tutorial and a video for great directions.

Check it out!  They are really cuuuuute!





I thought the Orange and White Designer Paper would make for a super cute carrot!
Tutti Design Stitched Tags die.
Spellbinders Classic Scallop Circles die.





Papertrey Ink Polka Dot Parade #1 stamp set.
Inks in; Melon Mambo and Pink Pirouette.

Gina K Designs Basket Blessings stamp set.
Amalgam Black ink.
Tissue Paper.
Baker's Twine.

Now to fill it with nemenems.....that's what Penny calls M & M's lol



This card will be entered into the Challenge at  Power Poppy, Just Color.





I used the Power Poppy stamp set Party Time.
Look at that cake....doesn't it look scrumptious???

Using Versa Mark ink and Black Embossing Powder I heat set the image and sentiments. 
I then water colored the image using my Zig Markers.
Cake was fussy cut out.





Dies; Spellbinders Standard and Lacy Circles, cropped.
MFT Party Banner, layered.
I created a beaded and sequined Stick Pin.
Sheer Ribbon.
Sakura Glitter Pen.


This last card will be entered into the Challenges at 
 Simon Says Monday, Stencil Fun.
Wow Embossing Powder, New To You.




This is one of those cards that didn't turn out exactly how I had envisioned....oh well.




I water colored my background in the light shades of greys and blues and violet.
I then stenciled my background using a leaf pattern using
 Gina K Designs Glitter Glitz in White.  The sparkles is amazing, yet hard to photograph.






Altenew stamp set, Wild Hibiscus for sentiment.
Paper Smooches Foliage 1 set made into a wreath which I also water colored.
White Embossing Powder.



Be well......Be safe!!!!!

Thanks for popping back in!

Enjoy~~


5 comments:

  1. Your carrot box is totally cute! Thanks for sharing the link on how to make it. I'm going to share this idea with my crafty friends at our next gathering. Your cards are beautiful too! The blue & yellow cake card is so cheerful and the card for mom is wonderfully artsy. You're such a diverse crafter! ;0) Stay healthy my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you have had time to make cards like you used to. I had trouble keeping up with the comments you would make them so fast. These are all so fun to see and each one shows off your talent and many design techniques. From colorful and cheerful to stately and charming. The fun one is the carrot treat box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute carrot box! Great idea to hold some Easter treats. Thanks for joining us at the Scor-Pal More Than One Score Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am sure that Penny will enjoy her carrot full of M&M's, too cute!
    Fantastic design for your birthday cake card, love the banner with it and the neat way you did the sentiment!
    The 3rd card is so pretty, I love the colors and the sparkle background, lovely wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful creations, you are so stinkin' prolific I can't keep up. Reminds me of the good ole days when we would create cards like crazy for challenges. I love that carrot, always fun to make 3D stuff.

    ReplyDelete