Friday, April 28, 2017

Happy Father's Day

Hello again!

I can't believe I have 2 masculine cards in a row, I think that's a first!

This card will be entered into the Challenges at; Stamp TV, Scenic Silhouettes and Simon Says Wednesday, Anything Goes!

 
 
I created a wood grain background first.  I just swiped a few different colors of ink directly on my white card stock, which is scored every 1/2".   I used the Gina K Designs stamp set, By The Sea 2.....love this set!  I sponged my backgrounds first, sea and sky and then stamped my pier in Black Raven ink and my gulls in Dove Grey.
 
 
 

 
Spellbinders Classic Ovals die.  My sentiment is heat set in White Embossing Powder.  Inks in; Bermuda Bay, Pink Pirouette, Pool Party, Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron and Wisteria Wonder.  Anytime I need help with sponging I head right on over to Theresa Momber's Blog, super helpful!!!
 
Thanks for combing by the beach.
 
Enjoy~~


15 comments:

  1. This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the scene with the gorgeous background. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo beautiful Donna. All your sea side/nautical cards are gorgeous but I think this us my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOPPS! that should say "is" my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love the wood grain look. It's so good for masculine cards! Great sponging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leaving on a jet plane, I know that I'll be home again. (two weeks) I have to stop and say that this is Naples pier and we will soon be there. Love this, almost forgot that I have the stamp. Thanks for the inspiration, I am throwing one more set into my bag. Stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna, how lovely using the two scenes like this - I especially like the orb creating a somewhat close-up of the distant scene behind it. Gorgeous inking and shading and one of the prettiest sea-shore scenes I've ever seen! Gorgeous! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beauty! Great job on the wood background and I love both of the silhouettes. What a stunning combination!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWESOME creation Donna! I bet you found inspiration by just simply looking out your window! LOL GORGEOUS backgrounds and your design is fantastic ... I can feel the ocean breezes just viewing your creation! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so unique and different, and over-the-top clever. LOVE the wood background, and then cutting out the oval with the bird is just genius!!! Your colors are fabulous, this is just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. GORGEOUS! Love your sponging and cool scene

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this. Awesome sponging for your backgrounds and you chose the perfect images for your card. I like also that you added the circle scene on the side too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colors in the background! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow.....this is a true work of art! It deserves to be framed and hung on the wall! A beautiful scene, gorgeous colours and I just love the wood grain panel. Sigh.....x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous, I saw her video this morning, want to give it a try, it looks great on your card, as does your wonderful sponging!! Love the oval piece you added to bring the scene closer, Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is gorgeous. Your sponging is superb!

    ReplyDelete