Saturday, March 5, 2016

Mini Blind Card

Hello!

This card will be entered into the Challenges at; Stamp TV, Spring Fever, Simon Says Monday, Take A Leap Into The UnknownSimon Says Wednesday, Touchy Feely, and Scor Pal, In Like A Lion, Out Like A Lamb (Spring Theme).


 
I decided to try and make a Mini Blind card, complete with working blind and decorative valance.  I will say it was quite a hit with the older population. lol  Designer Papers by Nicole, Floral.  The 'mini blind' measures 2 3/8 x 3 inches and is scored at every 3/8 inch.  I checked out Youtube and found this VIDEO, Diane is quite helpful.

I added some beads to my ribbon, but you could simply tie it off.  The window is die cut using Spellbinders Large Labels and then the frame was made by nesting 2 dies together.  MFT Notched Border created the valance.
 
Gina K Designs stamp sets; Home Tweet Home and Spring Has Sprung.  Images colored with Copic Markers.  Lots of Stickles on the water in the birdbath.  I chose that image so when Sally looks out her window of her new home (which is magnificent and cleans like a dream!) she can feel Spring creeping in on her and all the possibilities that lie ahead.....new adventures, a fresh start!
 
 
Spring to me has always meant, rebirth....new beginnings, a clean slate, nothing feels better than that.
 
To your fresh start and new beginnings!
 
Enjoy~~
 




8 comments:

  1. This is BEYOND fantastic! What a card to tackle! You really made this super by adding the valence and the decorative blind. The fact that it works is mind boggling to me! Love the stickles in the birdbath, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMgoodness! I've never seen a card like this before.....very cool. Never would have thought to make a blind and valance. lol Love what's under the blind too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great effect. I love the window! Thank you for sharing that with Simon Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leave it to you to come up with something sooooo different. I have not seen this before, but love how you did this to celebrate a new home and new beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well how stinkin' cute is this? You, my dear, are an engineer. I don't think I would ever tackle something like this, very clever. Love the papers and the sweet bird bath on the inside, so spring-y!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If it can be done you will do it. This would be a hit with anyone who has an RV. Love the blind and the scene it reveals. You just rock.

    ReplyDelete
  7. FANTASTIC!! I love the colors and patterned papers and of course that cute little bird bath. I made a couple mini blind cards a few years ago, it was a challenge but very fun

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing card Donna! Love the mini blind and the cute bird bath in the background! Fabulous job! Have a Blessed day! Hugs

    ReplyDelete