Thursday, February 20, 2014

What A Catch!

That is  how we feel about our Son-In-Law to be!!!  Tim's birthday is next month so I thought I would get a head start on creating his card.  I don't think the man has ever been fishing a day in his life, so it will be  interesting to see his reaction to it.  I will go on record with, I LOVE IT!!!  :)

This will be entered into the Flourishes Challenge # 259, A Lotta Polka Dots

 
I used the ever so manly stamp set, What A Catch, available from Flourishes.  Even with orange and blue I still think it looks masculine enough.  Colored with Copic Markers, and the addition of LOTS of Stickles, this really shines and sparkles in real life.  The Polka Dot Designer Papers are from My Mind's Eye, Stella & Rose, Mabel Papers.  Spellbinders Classic and Scalloped Oval dies, orange Baker's Twine, some Burlap-ish fabric treatment and 4 brads to complete the card. 
 
Maybe I will get Tim a fishing rod for his birthday, as they just bought a house and it is on a Pond.  Hmmmm, may be a great idea!
 
Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate you doing so.
 
Enjoy~~

7 comments:

  1. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this Donna!!!:) I'm SURE your Son-In-Law to be will LOOOOOOOOVE IT too!!! :) ANOTHER GIFT for them for their new house, MIGHT BE some FISH for their pond if it doesn't have them! :) WHAT A GREAT MOTHER-IN-LAW you're going to be!!! (Keep that up!!! ) :) Your card is FABULOUS!!!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun birthday card! He will probably get a big chuckle out of it. Love the way you colored that fish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this wonderful birthday card, and I can just imagine how it looks in real life. I was so inspired, that I went over to flourishes and found that it was not available any more. :( So I just have to enjoy yours my dear! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great Male card Donna! Love your stamp! and all the dots. My son would love it as he is a great recreational fisherman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card my friend!! Your s-I-l to be will love it, even if he doesn't fish....as he will/does love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful card Donna. Love that beautiful fish and love all your polka dots too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is fabulous! Such a bright card, LOVE it!! I am sure he will too!

    ReplyDelete