Friday, February 28, 2014

Through The Leaves

Another chilly day.....surprise, surprise. I think I think that come tomorrow, a new day, a new month, the month of Spring,  I am going to magically open all my doors and windows and it will be warm.....I fear I will be in for the shock of my life upon wakening.  That's okay, just let me believe this for a few more hours!  ;)

Another lovely Spring time card, which will be entered in the MIUM Stamp TV, Holey Card Stock and the Mod Squad Blog, Thinking Spring 2.0.  Still plenty of time to play in either, or both Challenges!  Check em' out!

 
I used the Signs Of Spring stamp set available at Gina K Designs.  Using the leaf stamp I stamped all over the white card stock using Distress Inks, Antique Linen, Peeled Paint, and Wild Honey.  Then I cut that with the Labels 4, Spellbinders dies, making a frame out of the last two, for the inside.  The inside portion I sponged and also stamped with the leaf and the butterfly image.  This is NOT exactly the look I was going for, BUT as chance has it, I kind of like the look.    Base card stock is Pure Luxury Asparagus. 
 
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.
 
Enjoy~~

8 comments:

  1. Supe cool. Love the clean lines, the color pallet and all that dimension. You did that technique perfectly. Isn't that butterfly image gorgeous. One of the many things I love about that stamp set. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, I love, love, love this card. Even if it's not the look you were going for it is gorgeous. Looks like an interesting technique. BTW thank you for the beautiful birthday card, all pearls were in tact

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I keep finding those buggers all over the place! ;)

      Delete
  3. Love this Donna! Your layers look like padding. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is simply gorgeous Donna! You did well on stamping the leaves all over the cs I would have probably messed up somewhere but you did a fabulous job! And I love the butterfly and all the dimension! Have a Blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is this part of 'Gina K. Designs Blog Hop: Just a note!'? I sure hope so, ;). I like how your card turned out. I always told my students there are no mistakes when card/scrapbooking just another opportunity to make something great another way. Thank you for sharing this card it is inspirational -con

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning,Con, no this particular post was not part of the GKD February Release 2014 (which did include the new stamp set Just A Note). Here is that post: http://craftingbytheseashore.blogspot.com/2014/02/gina-k-designs-design-team-inspiration_19.html It was Day 3 of the Hop.

      Thanks so much for stopping by. I tried to find your email through your Blogs, but couldn't find your contact information. Have a happy day.

      Delete
  6. Hi, Donna, Peak a boo! I love you, that's what this card says. It is gorgeous. I love the open frame. just gorgeous. ...have a good day,

    ReplyDelete