Saturday, August 3, 2013

Beach Trinket Boxes

Good afternoon!

Today I have 2 little trinket boxes to show you.  I bought those very inexpensive paper boxes at Michael's and adorned them with papers, gems, ribbons and then added some wonderful little shells and beads.  They are for 2 upcoming birthdays, Bonny & Lynne......hope neither of you are reading this.  (if you are, act surprised!) 

 
 
 


I cut out a shell using my Cameo and stamped the inside with one of my favorite quotes from a Gina K Designs stamp set, Gifts From The Sea.


On this shell tag you can see how I scored the scallop shell to create the texture you would actually see on a real one.  I think scallop shells are the prettiest shells to find while strolling my beach.  I have seen them in blacks, whites, a combo of the 2, slate blues, even brilliant oranges and yellows.  Oh Mother nature, how I love thee!



The DP is from K & Company, Sea Glass......quite appropriate for this project.  I also added a little bit of Spanish Moss and seed beads in blue and green, and of course glitter. 


Okay maybe THIS is my most favorite quote from this stamp set.  (yeah, you're right, they ALL are!)


 
 
Thanks so much for popping by.  I'll have another little project to share with you tomorrow!
 
Happy Crafting!
 
 
 


6 comments:

  1. These are both really pretty! You are quite the crafty gal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do believe there is a 3rd August birthday. LOL
    Those are very, very nice. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope....nope August 3rd! :) I told you I was going back to the drawing board with yours....it's a little bit trickier.....grrrrr!

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, these are SUPER cute!!! And they look like they were SUPER fun to make. I have some little boxes like that. Great idea....so handy to have on hand for that little gift. They are GORGEOUS my dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, these boxes are incredible! How wonderful to receive a gift straight from your beach. You did a fabulous job making them too. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your boxes are gorgeous. What a wonderful gift they make

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete