Thursday, February 9, 2023

Prayers

    Good Morning!

This card will be entered into the Challenges at

Simon Says Monday, Love Is In The Air.
Simon Says Wednesday, Fun With Dies.
Allsorts, Anything Goes, Love Optional.


My sister, Carol, who lived in Iowa, passed away unexpectantly last month.  
It was a shocking loss to say the least.  
I made this card for her eldest daughter, Robyn, my Niece.
These are the most difficult cards to create yet are the ones we need the most, 
especially when it is your very own loved one.  
I hope it conveyed a bit of what we all are feeling.  








  I used The Greetery Lily dies.
Hero Arts Prayers stamp and die sets.
Spellbinders Border die.
MFT Itty Bitty Strips die.






Distress Oxide inks in;
Fossilized Amber, Peeled Paint, Picked Raspberry and Spiced Marmalade.
White and Clear Embossing Powders.
Water Spots and White Paint Splatters.
Sakura Glaze Pen.
Foam Tape.
PFS Sequins.






Inside.
Power Poppy Soothing Sympathy stamp set.
(I adore this sentiment!)
Tuxedo Black ink.


There was a 9 year age difference between Carol and I.
She was my 2nd Mother growing up.
Forever Loved....Forever Missed.







 Carol (11)  Jimmy (9)  Kenny (7)  Donna (2)




I think I was 3 1/2 here.
I do remember that top, it was Velour!  lol


Thanks for stopping by!

Love you all the more for it!
xoxo



10 comments:

  1. I was so saddened to hear of your loss Donna, your niece will be very comforted by your lovely card, the flowers are gorgeous the way you colored them and I love that die cut border too, perfect sentiment. Those are great family photos and I am sure are treasured even more now, Big hugs to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful post to celebrate your sister and a wonderful card for the daughter as well. This is a time of sadness and family appreciation. I wish that we could have a do over sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad to read about your Sister Donna, you made a beautiful card for your Niece, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for the loss of your sister. The dies used are quite beautiful and the warm colors are comforting. Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry for the loss of your sister. This card for your niece is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week. Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, Donna. Your card is beautiful and what sweet pictures you've shared of you and your siblings. Sending you warm hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry for the loss of your sister!
    It's such a beautiful card! Such great photos with your siblings too. May you keep the wonderful memories of your sister close at heart!
    Thank you so much for joining us this week at Allsorts challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did not realize you are the baby of the family. Thanks for sharing these photos. I don't have to tell you how sorry I am for your loss, but this card will give your niece a lift, I'm sure. It's just beautiful, and I can tell you really put a lot of love and thought into it. It's just lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry for your loss. Your card is beautiful and thank you for sharing your treasured photos. I can imagine what a hard card this was for you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the old photos! 💗💗💗I saw this at the SSS Monday Challenge and came by for a closer look. I would love to have you come and play with us at Park Hopping My Happy Place Challenge; your card reminds me of the Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot, Disneyworld,FL. I hope you'll join the fun. Have a blessed and creative week.
    Cheers, Makira
    https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/
    https://mkccreate.home.blog/
    https://colorfuloptions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete