Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Double D, Birds

 Good Morning! 


A brand new Challenge is up and running over at the Double D Challenge Blog





Here is your Inspiration Tile:


Birds.



I just searched my stash for some bird dies and here is what I created:




I created my wood grained background by scoring every 1/4".
Then I swiped ink pads directly to paper,
Antique Linen, Timber Brown and Pumpkin.
I blended Distress Oxide inks in;
Faded Jeans, Fossilized Amber, Peeled Paint 
and Salty Ocean and then die cut my birds.





Momenta Bird dies.
Miscellaneous Twigs and Greenery dies.
Impression Obsession Wooden Disk dies.
Spellbinders Standard Circles die.
Gina K Designs, Seeds Of Joy sentiment.
Tuxedo Black ink.
Fun Foam.




Inside.





Please come on over to the Double D Blog and join in all of the FUN!




You'll be glad you did as there is always a pretty prize up for grabs!





Here's the prize for this Challenge:





Tweet Tweet!

Thanks for flying by!

Enjoy~~









11 comments:

  1. What a tweet card! I love how you make your barn board backgrounds. Why I never think to do that is beyond me. It looks like the birds are building a nest in the cavity of a tree. Super sweet Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazingly gorgeous created background, just perfect for those beautiful nesting birds!! Those colorful birds are so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pictured these birds at the door of their bird house. Ready to go inside and be warm. I hear that it is cold in your neck of the woods. Maybe Momma and baby? As always, the note inside too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read Birgit's comment and it does look like the birds are building a nest in the cavity of a tree ...Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow to that background panel! Makes for a real life like scene with those colors and dimension. The birds are busy building their nest in that tree.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Love that woodgrain background and your birds are just beautiful! Nicely done my friend ... awesome inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, Donna, color me in love with the rich blue and green and that fabulous wood grain! I have enjoyed this method for making wood grain, but this is one of the most creative I've seen. What a darling card this is. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, that background almost seems to GLOW!! I love the effect you have achieved, it's fabulous. Your bird is so sweet, I just adore this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWESOME!!! What an amazing background for those tweet little birds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. cool. job on your wood background and such great shading on the birds, and like your greenery with the wood shape behind!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh! oh! OHHHHH! How beautiful, Donna! The vibrant hues you have attained make this card absolutely gorgeous! Loving your placement of the die cuts, and the color choices! LOVING IT ALL!
    hugs,
    de

    ReplyDelete