Wednesday, October 23, 2019

In Sympathy

Good Afternoon!

I found myself in need of a couple of Sympathy cards.  
I really never keep these on hand as I like to gear them to the recipient.



This first card will be entered into the following Challenges: 

Simon Says Wednesday, Fall/Autumn Colors.
Stamping Sensations, Trees, Leaves, Autumn.
Scrapy Land, Anything Goes!





I created a wreath using Paper Smooches Foliage 1 dies.  
Cut from creamy card stock and then 'smooshed' directly on to my Distress Oxide 
ink pads in; Fired Brick, Spiced Marmalade Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain.
I mounted these onto a 'ring' created using Spellbinders Standard Circle dies, I layered 2 together.
Stamping lots of little flowers from the Gina K Designs stamp set, 
Hugs And Wildflowers, stamped in Amalgam Black.  These were also 'smooshed' into my ink pads.  
I then flicked White craft paint and water on to them 
to distress them and give them a bit more interest.





Wood Grained background created using Gina K Designs, Perfect Pallets
stamped in Bravo Burgundy ink.
Heat embossed sentiment in White Embossing Powder, 
from the Hero Arts, Prayers stamp and die set.  
Large Prayers die, cut from 3 layers of card stock and in laid.






Gina K Designs Rustic Autumn stamped Leaf, fussy cut.
Sentiment also by GKD, Hugs stamp set.
Little Hearts from Hero Arts, Prayers stamp set.





This next card will be entered into the Allsorts, Something Gold Or Silver.





Stampin' Up! Avant Garden and Oh So Succulent stamp sets
Sentiment by Power Poppy, Soothing Sympathy.
Inks in; Amalgam Black, Marina Mist, Pear Pizzazz, Perfect Plum and Wisteria Wonder.





Paper Smooches Foliage 3 die.
Spellbinder's Standard Circles die.
Natural Twine colored with an ink pad.
Rhinestones.
Score Lines.
Silver Twine.
Vellum.





Sentiments from Gina K Designs, Layered Eucalyptus stamp set.




Thanks for stopping by.

Enjoy~~



19 comments:

  1. Both colourways looks beautiful and very suitable for purpose, many thanks for joining in with our 'Gold/Silver' theme at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back again, this time to thank you for joining in with our 'Trees/Leaves/Autumn' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards and thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations in our Trees/Leaves/Autumn theme

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both heartfelt and beautiful Donna. So sorry you needed them. May they bring much comfort and love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both just fabulous and I'm sure will be very appreciated! Beautiful work my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are so beautiful and sure to bring comfort. I really like your wood grain background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these are gorgeous! I am sure they will be so comforting to the bereaved.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful sympathy cards. I love how you finished the inside too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards, they will mean a lot to the recipients. So thoughtfully designed, I like to make sympathy cards to go with who will get them too. I love the vellum for the greeting on the second one, and the fall theme on the first is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Donna, I'm sorry you needed Sympathy cards, but I have pinned both of them as they are such lovely examples of a pretty, heartfelt condolence that is suitable for any gender, or any faith. The details in each one are beautifully delicate and rich. Thanks for the inspiration. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful, thank you for joining us at Allsorts. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Donna they are both just gorgeous and I am sure they will be very touched by your thoughtfulness, beautiful colors on your first wreath, love the wood background and such a lovely sentiment for the last card, your use of the silver twine is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such wonderful projects! Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry that you had the need for sympathy cards, but these beauties will be of great comfort to the recipients. They are fine and so splendid to look at and I love the sentiment inside that leaves room for a personal note.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your wreath. I started this challenge planning to do a wreath as well. After cutting and cutting it just did not work out. So seeing yours gave me hope for those die cuts laying around my studio space.

    Diana @ Playing
    https://playingwithoutlimits.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your first fall wreath, Karen - the woodgrain is the perfect background! Thank you for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fabulous Autumnal card! Thanks for joining in at Stamping Sensations this month!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful sympathy cards, I love the autumnal wreath you have created.

    ReplyDelete