Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Double D, BLING It Up!

Good Morning!  


A brand new Challenge is up and running over at the Double D Challenge Blog. 



Here is your Inspiration Tile for this Challenge:



Oooh sparkly!





Here's what I decided to create!



I have to say I never would have thought I would be buying such cutsie little stamp sets, but lately Mermaids and Unicorns have been hopping into my shopping cart lol  Ohhhh Penelope!  

This sweet little stamp set is by Your Next Stamp, Little Darling Mermaid.  CUTE!!!  Image stamped in Raven Black ink and colored with Copic Markers.  Sentiment stamped in Tempting Turquoise ink.  I then created a mask to cover the image and spritzed Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Teal all over it.  






My frame was created using the Simon Says Grid Frame, which I layered on to a pretty green card stock.  I stamped and fussy cut out 4 scallop shells and adhered to each corner, topping each with a small Adhesive Pearl.  





On my background splatters I added teeny tiny pieces of confetti like glitter in blues and greens.  I also added Iridescent Sequins to parts of my frame.  Lastly I created a pearl necklace for my sweet mermaid.  CUTE!

This card will also be entered into the Stamping Sensations Challenge, Close To Nature.





My frame has been backed by Fun Foam, adding dimension and makes for a nice sturdy piece.




Please come on over to the Double D Blog and join in all of the FUN!
You'll be glad you did as there is always a pretty prize up for grabs! 

Here is the FAB prize for this Challenge: 


BLING!!!




Thanks for swimming by!

Enjoy~~



17 comments:

  1. FABULOUS card with all your added details and adorable stamp (I can see where baby Penny is going to have lots of cards to save from Grandma over the years)....totally CUTE card and design!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card, Donna! Sweet image, fabulous frame, beautiful bling...it's fantastic! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card, Donna! Love the frame and mermaid image! Granddaughters change everything...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling card design. I love that cute mermaid image and the way you colored it. And, the fabulous frame with all the bling on it really shows it off beautifully! Grandchildren do change our perspective a lot. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Penelope will make those cute stamps grow on you. I love making kids' cards, but now any excuse... Your framing and the bling are perfect for the darling mermaid. Keep it up and Penelope will have a treasure trove to cherish as she grows!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you framed the mermaid. This one could be displayed in her room. I love all the details you added down the the pearl necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sweet!!! When I first saw it I thought of Penelope's influence on you. Aren't granddaughters just the best?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is just too adorable, love the shaker idea with this, like your shells and bling to decorate the frame, such a cute touch with her pearl necklace too! Penelope is going to have the cutest cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ADORABLE! Love that it's a frame. Little Miss P will have so many treasures to cling to over the years from Nanna! So sweet and sparkly ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very sweet Ocean inspired creation, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is so precious and adorable. The whole card is grand and sweet too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet and wonderful way to use your bling! I love the framed image and sea-theme, especially the great colors! I especially love that teeny tiny pearl necklace the mermaid is wearing - SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute card and stamp set! Love the way you made the frame....beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How gorgeous is this! A lovely underwater scene, such a cute image too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute little mermaid and a pretty card

    Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  16. Isn't it funny how your tastes have changed since becoming a grandma....I guess that means more shopping! LOL. This is really adorable Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How adorable, and I love that you made that a shaker card. Penny will love it. That image is so stinkin' cute, and I really like the little crab on her head. It made me smile!!!

    ReplyDelete