Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Double D, When Skies Are Gray

Good Morning! 

Time for another fantastic Challenge over at the Double D Challenge Blog. 

Are you ready for some inspiration?!?!

Then check this out!



So many ideas!



Here's what I came up with.




I loved all of the shades of gray, which is odd because I don't think I ever use much of it in card making.  I was drawn to the tea cups and coffee mugs.  Mine are from a Cameo Cut.  I cut once from a very thick card stock, something close to chipboard and then in 3 different Designer Papers.  2 with patterns and the 3rd I added some texture using a Swiss Dots Embossing Folder....but used the DE-bossed side.  I made sure one was topped with that sweet little open heart.  So CUTE!  They are all popped up on Foam Dots.




MFT Notched Border dies.
Spellbinders Label 4 die.
Memory Box Homespun Heart die.
Power Poppy Short Stacks stamp set.
Dove Gray ink.
Thin Silver Ribbon.
Rhinestone Flourish.
Sequins.
Foam Dots.


Please come on over to the Double D Blog and join in all of the FUN!  
You'll be glad you did as there is always a pretty prize up for grabs! 
Here is the FAB prize for this Challenge: 





Thanks for stopping by for a cuppa!

Enjoy~~






15 comments:

  1. Magnificent Post Donna, love the colours and the teacup stack die.xx 💖 [Aussie aNNie's Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Donna with all the details from the mood board, those cups are super cute and perfect for the challenge and what a neat sentiment too...love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too, am loving the pretty stack of tea cups. The pearls are such a sweet touch too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet card, Donna! I love the design! The stack of cups is great, along with the colors and dimension! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another amazing design, Donna! Love your touch of sparkle along with the grays. Lots of dimension too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not surprised that you were inspired by the cute coffee cups, like me. They are a sign of comfort and friendship. Having had many cups with friends over the years. Love the sentiment that you choose too. So true.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome Donna ... love those pretty cups! And, what an awesome sentiment ... well done my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a beautiful card you made. I love the gray and white combo. I am not sure I have much in gray though in my stash. I may have to color all my gray if I join the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful take on the challenge. Love all the details that make the card fit the sentiment. Very elegant and suitable for high tea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love what you came up with, love the balancing cups, love the borders and the pearl accenting!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute card. I love all your different patterned papers, and of course all the bling. Great design, and perfect idea to use the papers for the cups. Lots of glitter, and the "steam" on the top cup is genius!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the shades of gray, but on my screen is looks like there are shades of blue too. Pretty papers and love the stacked cups.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely teacup stack card, beautiful colours and I love the pearls! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, gosh, I love those cute tea cups and the bling, especially the way you have bling steam coming up from the top cup. So clever and pretty, Donna!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Donna. Love those cute stack of teacups - so pretty.

    ReplyDelete