Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Happy Birthday, Hank

Hello!  Back again on the Dies R Us Blog
 
 
Today happens to be my Grand Fur Baby, Hank's 4th Birthday! 
So of course, I had to make him a birthday card.  With a new baby in the house
we don't want him to feel neglected....trust me, he is not!
 
 
 
 
 
I used the fabulous Tutti Designs Stained Glass Dog.  Isn't he just the sweetest?  I cut out the frame in Gold Foil, which I created using Toner Paper and my Mini Minc Machine.  Here's a simple tip:  I always create sheets of foil, that way I have a bunch of pretty colors to use my dies on.  I backed the Gold Foiled Frame on to Double Sided Adhesive Paper and then started to fill in the open areas with Glitter in many different colors.  Now let me tell you....do not do it this way!  Ever!  It is labor intensive and the glitter typically does not go where you want it to go.  lol  You may want to try adding all white or clear glitter and then just coloring it with markers.  You could also add a Vellum backing and color on the backside of that to let the colors shine through.  I will definitely use these options the next time!  The Double Sided Adhesive paper really hangs on to the Glitter though, so that's a plus! 
 
 
 
 
 

 
I ended up cutting the frame 3 times to build up some dimension.  A few paw prints and a Puppy Love greeting on the inside and my card was complete. 
 
 
 
 

 
He is quite sparkly!
 
 
 
 
Here's what I used:
 
 
 
And here's a few pictures of our lovable Hank!
 


 

 
 
 
 
 
 
Come join in all of the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store

For your convenience all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.
click below for:
 
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. A fantastic card for Hank, I’m sure he truly loved it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun and cute as can be! Hank is adorable in his little weiner costume. My heart is set on having a dachshund someday. What breed is Hank? I love his colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're sweet! Hanks is 1/2 Beagle and 1/2 French Bulldog, a Frengle. He is so handsome and such a good dog.

      Delete
  3. Did Hank pose for the Tutti artist? He is adorable. I love that you wrap him up to keep him warm LOL Your brilliant card is so full of happy sparkliness. It definitely shows off your love for your sweet fur child. LOVE IT, Donna. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe - happy birthday, Hank!!! I have always thought he was so stinkin' CUTE!!! I have had my eye on those Tutti dies for awhile. They look like so much fun, but I think I will pass on doing the glitter the way you did....lol. I like the Copic coloring way better. Your card is really sweet, I know Hank will love it...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so darling and a perfect card for Hank! I am sure he drooled over it too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun post. You always make me smile. Great card for a great dog. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWWW!!! So sweet. Hank is one lucky puppy to have you for a Nana.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, Hank is a cutie and such a cute little card you made him so he doesn't feel left out of things :) Wow that must have taken a long time to do that with individual glitter, you are such a great grandma :) Love the idea of the foiling.

    ReplyDelete